Water Heated Seats?

agent_zed

All we need is a couple of sealing quick release connections and it can be plumbed into the central heating.

Nice warm seat and a pre heated engine.

Absolute top of the line luxury.

Instead of fitting electric charging points all over the country we need to agiate for water heating points.

RHOCAR for PM

If using a heat exchanger to heat the water wouldn't you need an electric pump therefore defeating the object?

True you would require some electric but not as much as running electric seats. A circulation pump of the size involved would be pretty small i would have thought. Could use a thermocouple to run the circulation pump and use no electric from the car.

maybe this crossed the line between madman and genius, but in the wrong way :)

But it does annoy me that a huge amount of the energy put into an engine is wasted as heat.

When I dived in wet suits (semi dry actually). It was common practice to use a method of re-using the heat contained in waste water to warm up.

Some chose to use it at the start of a dive, some half way, and some at the end.

Those using the method on the boat were frowned upon.

On one occasion a new convert to a dry suit forgot what he was wearing and used the method thus curing his athlete's foot.

• Like 3

Guest 2b cruising

Diving suits are a blooming good method of birth control.

By the time you've got them off, the other party has gone off the idea and got a head ache.

Guest Gargoil

Hmmm, there's a picture forming.

Seats heated from the wasted heat energy, caused by the internal combustion engine, could be a good idea if,

we don't have any "hows your farther" while wearing wet suits and chaotically peeing on the seats, before use.

Hmmm, seem to remember a plug in heated seat cover from years ago.

Might stick with that.

While in theory, the heated seats will use more fuel (increased load on the alternator I accept), it will be insignificant and completely un-measurable in the real world. You drive a kit car and your worrying about a minuscule theoretical increase in consumption?The logistics involved in doing anything other than a straight forward £50 ebay heated seat kit is "amusing".

If you want a crazier idea.... insulated toilet cisterns!!

I'm not even joking.Think about it in the winter you are bringing 20litres of water at about <10degrees into your bathroom. Heating it up to 20degrees then flushing it away and starting the process again.

If you have a few people in the house you will waste more energy as people flush through the day. If you simply insulated the cistern so the water wasn't heated by the room you'd be saving energy without having to do anything.

The boxed in remote cisterns would be easy to stick some insulation around.

Did google it and a chap had already thought about this and done loads of calcs so iam not the only crazy person... at least 1 other

:crazy:

• Like 1