New Iva Ok Windscreen Glass?

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Afternoon all.

Been a bit quiet on here of late.

All sorts going on. mainly prepping for my IVA test in a months time.

So on this note.

My current glass is BS Kits marked.

Its not IVA OK at the moment.

This is the glass that came with the kit some years ago when the SVA was all gravy.

Im trying to source a new piece of IVA ok glass for a Superspec 05.

I don't suppose anyone would know where i could find such a thing?

Ive tried emailing Richard Stewart who wasn't much help other than saying why don't i take my screen off.

Im not taking the screen off, demisters out and windscreen wipers and motor out. The hassle that this would involve is beyond comprehension at the moment.

Ive also tried GBS who put me onto Richard.

I dont suppose anyone would have any ideas as to how to go about this. Time is ticking and i need to get it sorted.

Many Thanks in advance

Joe

Not really help, but my car was IVA'd with wiper motor in place with the splines covered up. Accordingly, I think just the windscreen could be removed without having to remove anything else. Hopefully someone with more IVA knowledge will be along soon to either confirm or deny this.

Some replacement windscreen companies will cut a screen for you but you need to try a smaller company. Also see if you have a Motorsport company in your area as they may be able to cut one. One other place to try is a Plant glazing company that carries out repairs to glazing of tractors, bulldozers etc as they cut flat approved glass but you will need to check the approval marking.

Guest 2b cruising

If you look into the members section of the club and look for windscreen man.

He runs his own business from the Lancashire area. I think near to black pudding town.

He has said on the forum he will either Mark your own screen for you or cut and Mark a new one to spec.

A good courier service would cost you £8 quid with a small Insurence of £400 or more for more if you want.

Look on eBay for item number 281666384218.

They are an agent for Parcel Force and give you a first class service with next day delivery.

The only problem you are left with then is to pack it and Mark it well enough.

Send windscreen man a PM and ask his advice. I think he said something like £50 ish for new screen but you would have to confirm this with him.

Hope this is some use to you.

Regards Ken.

I had my Windscreen made by Pilkingtons. I found a big spread in one of the kit car magazines a couple of years ago on how Pilkingtons make the windscreens for loads of cars and kit cars. All I had to do was draw round the old Glass so they had a template to work with and post it to them. The man you want to contact is Peter Swann to get the ball rolling. Peter.Swann@nsg.com

Mine was for the 2B so they have the plans for that if anyone else needs one. (Laminated not toughened).

Nige

You don't need a screen for IVA, however if it's fitted there are more potential fail points.

As DavidS said, cover the wiper motor spindles if fitted (with nut covers).

With the screen removed, you don't have the glass marking problem, potential edge conflict with the screen supports etc.

Mirrors can be positioned using the holes on the scuttle if required.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jomeo69

Ok so here we go.

After the panic of trying to source a screen it seems i really didn't need to.

I phoned Karl Copping of SHX windscreens in norwich.

I sent him a template that was received by him on Monday the 11th and this afternoon i received an IVA compliant laminated screen the same shape and size as the template.

And for £115 all in.

I cannot recommend his services highly enough.

Now to crack on with re fitting

Joe

I phoned Karl Copping of SHX windscreens in norwich.

I sent him a template that was received by him on Monday the 11th and this afternoon i received an IVA compliant laminated screen the same shape and size as the template.

And for £115 all in.

I cannot recommend his services highly enough.

Best you give us his website/phone number/email then!? ;)

Guest Jomeo69

Ok so here we go.

They do all sorts of screens for allsorts of vehicles.

karl copping 07960 346202

shxeconomywindscreens@fsmail.net

joe

Cool; dropped him an email. He doesn't seem to pick up his mobile much, but then I guess he's busy!

I didn't connect him with the Locost Builders link earlier as that suggested his surname was Yoxen, sorry, but I've tried that number many a time but just straight to voicemail...