Ad Hoc Lincolnshire Meeting For Sunday 7Th June

alanrichey

Ever since I became Area Sec I have promised we would have a Sunday lunch picnic at Rutland Water.

Having seen the weather forecast for Sunday I think this is the weekend to do it. I know it's short notice but I don't want to waste the opportunity.

Basically I intend to take a picnic lunch to the Car Park next to the Tourist Information Centre and anyone who wants to bring one is welcome to join me. No need to say if you are coming, just pitch up. If no-one else comes I shall just have a gentle stroll then an afternoon nap in the sunshine. Will probably get sunburned. :)

The Car Park is in the North-East corner of Rutland Water (Follow this link for Google Maps) and charges £1.50 for an hour, £3 for all day. I intend to be there from about 12:00. There are lots of areas to park, although it might be quite busy so whoever gets there first can bag a pitch.

Al

Cracking day, although Rutland Water was incredibly busy (not surprising really), but we managed to find somewhere to park all the cars together. Good turn out, although I was the only person from Lincolnshire :), many thanks to all who came and supported it.

rutland1.jpg

rutland2.jpg