Chris Evans It Is Then

Guest Ian & Carole

I'll be watching the first one to see what they do with it. I don't expect to be impressed and anticipate an attempt to try recreate what happened before, maybe cutting the more expensive or potentially offensive bits.

I think the show will change completely as Clarkson, Hammond and May turned it from a car review show into an entertainment show. I didn't watch it to find out which car I should buy when I have a 9-5 job, a wife and 3 kids and a dog for a camping trip to Dorset. I watched it for the entertainment value, pushing the social boundaries and doing stupid/crazy road trips and stunts. Yes a lot was probably staged, but thats what you do to stop it from becoming a documentary about 3 friends who go and do daft things and challenges with cars that should fail.

I'm more keen to see what the old guys can/will do and wait for the BBC to open up a court case on their actions...

As much as I like Guy he doesn't have the right personality to do a studio show, he hates media coverage, at Olivers Mount this year he said he would only appear and ride as long as they provided him with a secluded quiet area away from every thing or he would not turn up, he really hates being in the spot light.

He is OK being watched doing stuff but hates being interviewed.

He is already making noises that this will be his last year riding bikes and is moving to off road push bikes.

He want to spend more time at home "Mending trucks" which he says is his "proper job"

So there's another one crossed off the list :(

Shame, I loved his show based on Speed and the record attempts.

What about Brian Johnson?

Great singer, mad about cars, and has a famous surname :)

Guest Gargoil

Let's face it, No one can fill the boots of the dearly departed, at least no one we know. So give the new New TG a chance, it will be a car show at least, then wait to see what the dearly departed do next. Two shows for the price of one.

i would have loved to have seen a younger (not 16 years old saying 'init' ) set of relatively unknowns taking it to a new place. Perhaps part of the appeal was that they were old farts, but i think they were starting to get bored and tired themselves.

As you say though its an entertainment show that happens to have cars in it, not a car show that happens to be entertaining.

i'm happy watching twiggy on Sin city motors ;)

I've heard the Beeb are rolling Brucie out as a stand in for the Stig.......something to appeal for the older generation :rofl:

New feature of a "Star on a motability thingy" :crazy:

Edited by tazzzzman1
  • Like 1