V8 Robin Hood For Sale

richardm6994

The transaxle will happen one day........but only for the track (not road going).

There are loads of Robin Hoods out and about and at shows, and I'm proud to have made one that stands out from the crowd for all of the right reasons.........The next kit I planning won't be anything special to begin with.....but it certainly will be special after it's been through RedSeven's works on an ongoing basis......

Unless something special appears in the next few months, I'm pretty sure the next kit is going to be a MEV Rocket. I nearly sold the Exmo and bought one in 2007....but the sale of the Exmo fell through and I also moved out of my dads so I never ended up buying one and stuck with the Exmo.

I have always said that the MEV Rocket is the only other Kit Car I'd ever sell the Exmo for and this week I've realized there is no more 'exciting' tinkering left to do on the Exmo and so now is the perfect time to sell up and start all over again with a Rocket.

MEV grew busy with the MX5 stuff and so licensed the Rocket and other kits to RTR a few years ago......but RTR have now gone bust and started up under a different name (EXOcars)......but have lost the license for the Rocket which has gone back to MEV.

MEV are in the process of redesigning and improving the Rocket to solve a few of the issues it had like bump steer and also make the chassis stronger to suit a number of different engine / gearbox combo's.

MEV have not confirmed the launch date of the new Rocket because of how busy they are with the MX5 stuff....but they have said it will certainly be this year.

So my plan is this.........If a good (registered) second hand Rocket appears for sale before the new Rocket is launched......then I'm going to buy it.....strip it and rebuild it to my own standards / spec......this is my favored option as it avoids IVA etc.....

If I don't find a second hand Rocket before the new Rocket is launched, then I will be buying the new kit from MEV and build one from scratch.

One thing is for certain.......I'm not going to of given up the Exmo for something 'normal' so I'll make sure it's another head-turner :)

Edited by steamer
  • Like 4