Exmo Revamp

jaimo

Well pick up injection head back up tomorrow had 5 thou took off,valve relap.

The block overbore .5mm i got off keith unclecheif is as he said like new no wear what so ever (cheers keith) so just required a tazman sorry a clean and paint.

Fitting new oil pump, water pump shortened sump. New flywheel, full gasket set, core plugs etc so when get head back just got to fit new cam and followers valve stems and spring and core plugs and then bolt on with new bolts.

So basicaly got a fully recon rebuilt engine everything new.

Then going to drop in run for a while then fit uprated cam r1 bike carbs and megajolt and rolling road set up

Wonder what bhp will be would like 130bhp but could be asking too much

Then winter complete engine bay rewire.

(How do i get pics on here off photobucket )

Edited by jaimo

Wonder what bhp will be would like 130bhp but could be asking too much

)

With a decent map on the megajolt, bike carbs and an fr32 you should get around 130 at the fly. I know Alex's car made 125 with a dizzy rather than megajolt and his fuel pump was struggling at the top end.

I will post more pics hopefully tomorrow of head and paint job on block etc ordered more paint and camber and tensioner today

Edited by jaimo

Common rebuild irritations? Don't forget to drop the oil pump drive shaft in the hole (Looks like a double ended allen key) before bolting on the oil pump. Do use plenty engine oil on assembling all moving parts. Use cam lube on cam lobes especially if its a new cam. (I would advise using old cam till the engine starts and runs reliably.)

Nigel