Exmo Revamp

jaimo

Guest mower man

Have I got to come and kick your a--e pinking is timing out you say you cannot time it, why !!!, is cam timing right you were fiddling with a box of cam ,aux shaft wheels where are the originals ? pm your address and I will come and have look and bring timing light and compression gauge ok ? but as said above leave it alone for a few days and get your head sorted !!!!!!! mick :acute: :acute: :acute:

Edited by mower man

Guest 2b cruising

Don't let the buggers grind you down Jaimo.

As advised, take a break.

When you start back at it do things slowly from a pre selected list for fault diagnosis and stick to it.

DanE is right, it's a pinto.

At worse it should only be a cam out job.

Virtually anything else can be done with the motor still in.

Once again Do not give in mate. You are much better than that.

Were the stem seals a good fit? I had issue with them when I ran pinto and when I fitted them they did not quite seem to sit right needed a mm Or two taken off the edge to seat properly so was letting oil through. Either put std ones on or get them turned down a bit.

Yeah going back to standard i know bottom end good keith going to swap cam and followers with my old one and fit standard seals then hopefully run nice

Don't forget timing, set it to standard as per manual and do it with a light should be a bout 10 deg std from memory. If it was more local would pop over, take mic up on his offer he know pintos well

• Like 1

Going to get mick to av a look we set all timming but just remembered got a rite belt off coil casing so will change that as well mite have a drive over to him later drives okish just cammy the cam in is the newish one u gave me keith but mite not be good now being chucked about etc

Guest Gargoil

There's going to be an easy fix for the EXMO, Jaimo.

You just need to put your detective hat on.

Start with one thing and don't get sidetracked.

Fault finding is the same, whatever it is your working on and it's about elimination,

not having a Eureka moment, although they can help. :db:

Well had a look tonight

Got to change cam and followers

Found the dizzy vac advance not working blow and suck test

The dizzy I got off IVan and was working when fitting just before stoneleigh

Ignition wiring a mess could be part prob

Carb not very good had rebuild but could just be us

So bit the bullet and going to fit the megajolt and r1 bike carbs got sitting in the man cave tps version

Just about to go on danst and order the trigger wheel and inlet gasket

Then onto eBay to order r1 bike fuel pump or reg not sure yet which is best to use

And oil catch tank anything else I might need

Oh yeah help on fitting and or balancing carbs

The megajolt was on these carbs on a standard 2.0 Pinto will it of kept it map is there anyway I can check before installing into car

Marcus it's bike carb time lol

Edited by jaimo

Guest Ian & Carole

For what it's worth , I think you are wrong in moving forward with more "Mods".

Get the car running properly with standard fittings, then you know you are fitting stuff to a good and known set up.

Bolting more "stuff" onto some thing that isn't running correctly is a folly and you will spend hours trying to find faults that you hadn't cured before you moved on, probably blaming new stuff when all along nothing had changed from what you have now.

Hide your pride and get Mick and or others over to lend a hand, offer help.

The only way to improve buy fitting bike carbs and meggajolt is buy starting with a good well running unit to begin with.

Edited by Ian & Carole

The engine is found apart from cam knock so will sort that it's the carb, dizzy, coil and wiring etc giving problems so that's why removing then for bike carbs and megajolt not going to buy another carb,dizzy etc just to swap later waste of money so not just doing it for mods but also for problem sorting

But I do understand what your saying ian as that is what I was trying to do but the problems are with parts I would replace for bike carbs and megajolt anyway so might as well do it now

Even though not running correctly due to above it goes along better than 1800 that was in

Guest 2b cruising

I thought mower man was coming over to help and kick your but.

As Ian says, you really need to start with a correctly running engine before you start to bugger about.

You could end up really doing your nut after it cures nothing.

One job at a time mate.

If I were nearer I would come and help.

Guest 2b cruising

Go right back to basics.

Have you actually done a compression test yet mate.

Have you got your tappets set correctly yet.

Have you set up your static timing.

Have you tried the ht leads yet, taking one at a time off and making sure you get the same running difference on each cylinder.

This would at least give you some idea if it's just one cylinder or all.

If just one cylinder and the compression is ok, look for cylinder specific items, plugs, leads, manifold. Dissy cap. etc.

Mower was willing to come and help if you pm him.

I would take that option first and go through it with him.

New eyes are always helpful especially when you are at the end of your tether.