Twin Dellorto Setup

Gusty

Hi all,

Having trouble with the above . Stripped today and obtained this info. Please forgive me I have limited knowledge with these carbs.

Twin Dellorto DHLA 45

Chokes 36

Emulsion 7772.6

Air 170

Jet142

Idle 7850.1

Jet 55

Pump Jet 40

Needle 170

Choke 7482.1

I'm running a 2.0 Pinto with Fr32 Cam and Accuspark electronic Dizzy. Are these jets compatible? Also I have a Vacuum-advanced dizzy should this be blanked off and capped off on the manifold? Any help much appreciated I know sod all about these carbs. They were overfuelling, spitting and farting! I have cleaned the jets, set the float heights and they are runnng marginally better but not useable. I have ordered a service kit which I'll be fitting as soon as it arrives. Does anyone know the procedure for setting the floats . I've read level, 17mm and 25mm!!

Thanks all, much appreciated

Ps if anyone local would like to pop round that would be much appreciated. There will be tea,coffee , beer food on offer!!

Edited by Gusty

Thanks Nigel , I've just had a look at that but It doesn't answer all of my questions ! And I have many:)

Cheers

Ps According to Dave my Air Jet may be a little low. He says 4x choke size plus 50. So that would make 194 and I have 170?

Edited by Gusty

Hi Gusty,

I am no expert on these carbs but do have a set running on my crossflow and manged to set everything well enough to drive comfortably, I also used colourtune device. I have some good guides, starting from basic's are they a matched pair, balancing (you would be surprised how many have twisted spindles) and setting up for first time running, please PM me your email address if you want them. Bottom line whatever you do a rolling road with old school carb guy is the only way to get it right. They will stay tuned if done right although a lot of people slate them they are much better than most twin carbs.

Thanks guys. It will definitely go to a rolling road but I need to get it so that I can drive it to the MOT station then to the RR. It's been off the road for seven years . The engine I have rebuilt and now just want to get the carbs so it's drivable.

Thanks all.

MarkB you have a PM Cheers

Guest 2b cruising

Don't worry about popping back, especially on over-run.

You should get through emissions test as long as it idles with the choke off.

Then a good rolling road that knows the old school methods.

I had brilliant one less than a mile away (John Wilcox competition engines ) but unfortunately he has retired the RR unless I can persuade him otherwise:) . I think Tractor knows where there is a good one local. I think I'll just rebuild the carbs With the jets that came with them. I honestly think the needle valves are shot . I will replace those and have another go at the floats and see how it goes. Anyone know about the Vac pipes? Block off or leave on.

Cheers

Guest 2b cruising

If you have got four tails, and an ignition system / distributor that requires vacuum advance, you should put them on.

I'm sure the RR man will sort that little thing out for you.