Latex Or Nitrile

Guest Jay Paul

Guest Jay Paul

bit of a random question b ut due to the nature of my job clean hands are a must there fore the question

to the guys and gals who use gloves do you use Latex or Nitrile and why

over the years ive used latex but found a good deal on nitrile i know its random as hell but heyho

nitrile for me. I find the latex ones too grippy on tools so if you try and use a screwdriver the glove palm gets twisted around the screwdriver handle.

I did a module on toxicology in Uni which i keep in the back of my mind. Whilst i still get my hands oily/dirty from time to time (when gloves just get in the way) i try and keep my hands free from oil if i can. Your skin is lipid soluable so oils can pass through. I remember being told that if you got a block of butter and rubbed it into your skin for long enough eventually it would pass through your skin and you would absorb it into your body/bloodstream! Motor oils can do the same.

the worst stuff i think is gearbox oil. can't stand the smell of that on my hands.

Guest 2b cruising

nitrile for me. I find the latex ones too grippy on tools so if you try and use a screwdriver the glove palm gets twisted around the screwdriver handle.

I did a module on toxicology in Uni which i keep in the back of my mind. Whilst i still get my hands oily/dirty from time to time (when gloves just get in the way) i try and keep my hands free from oil if i can. Your skin is lipid soluable so oils can pass through. I remember being told that if you got a block of butter and rubbed it into your skin for long enough eventually it would pass through your skin and you would absorb it into your body/bloodstream! Motor oils can do the same.

the worst stuff i think is gearbox oil. can't stand the smell of that on my hands.

Always reminded me of rat shti. Horrible stuff.

If you get it on your clothes early morning and have to complete the day's work. YUK.