Break Down Renewal Time. Let The Battle Commence

Andi

So it is renewal time again. Currently with Rac but I'm not committed to anyone. Their renewal was £149.99 which covers 2 drivers,any car.roadside recovery . The aa have a brand new customers only offer of the same but with home start for £119.

Now, Rac don't like the fact I'm leaving and so match the price and the service and throw in unlimited call outs (hear that Keith?).

So it is worth the battle every year. I just wish I didn't have to bother.

I know there are some cheaper units out there but there are some bad ones too

Result

Just looked at their policy documents and they don't list open top cars as eligible vehicles?

The vehicle / your vehicle – a saloon car, hatchback, estate car, car derived van or motorcycle over 150 cc's. Motorised caravans can be covered provided they are under 2.5 tons gross vehicle weight and with an engine capacity of no more than 2500 cc, which is being driven by either you, or your legal spouse or civil partner.

Andy,

I would recommend Auto Aid, we have it for Rebecca and Suzanne.

Rosemary has it too which covers her car, my car, my Kit Car (yes I did ask them if Kit would be covered they confirmed) Also my Motorcycle too all for around £43.00. There was an offer on Groupon that offered Auto Aid at a discount I think it was £39.00 or slightly less. Either way we have called them out several times and the response has been excellent. Even when Rosemary's car was at home in the garage and would not start they turned out really quickly and got it going. 10 out of 10 for Auto Aid from us.

Cheers Andy will leave you to make the decision.

Kindest regards

Steve

Just phoned Rac to cancel and a very pleasant lady said we would like to retain you as you are a very low user ( never in 3 years) so I said perhaps if my renewal price reflected that I would have stayed but I find it slightly dishonest that you will give me a discount to stop me leaving and not one to encourage me to stay!