Cooling fan temprature switch

NickandNeil

When you say hot, do you mean overheating? When first set mine up I used standard thermostat 92degrees and an 96degree fan switch in top hose which kicked in at 100degrees (there's small a difference between block and hose?). In 30 degree weather the car was boiling hot but not overheating, but I would get nervous stuck in queues. I changed to an 82 degree thermostat and an 88 degree fan switch this keeps the under bonnet temps down, it runs at 80deg when cruising and rarely gets above 95degs if stuck in traffic.

I have an adjustable fan switch

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/adjustable-fan-controller-thermostat

I run it set to 90C.

Not had overheating problems with it at this setting.

I do not have any vents in the bonnet all the cooling air goes out through the bottom of the engine bay or through the trensmission tunnel.

I am running a standard 2l pinto with DGAV standard carb and a coolman robin hood radiator.

I did have problems of cooling untill I mounted the fan direct to the radiator.

I have same adjustable fan switch Ian has mentioned and i think mine is also set at 90C,  seems to cope well as along with the aluminium rad and new fan fitted last year, only once did temp get a little scary but that was after a long run then sat in a queue waiting to get into a show (temp was in 30's outside anyway) when car got moving temp came down quickly (as did mine 😉)