North West Meet-Ups/Events???

Nicholas M Walker

On 8/3/2023 at 9:02 PM, 2bTom said:

Message from Darrell as he is having a problem accessing the forum from his iphone.

This Sunday 6th August it's the first in the month so it is time for the Corner House meet at Charity Farm 

event time - 0830 to 1230pm 'ish

where: Charity Farm Fisheries, Wrightington, Smithy Brow, Wigan, WN6 9PP

Any one in the area up for a meet up, brew and chat?

Just seen on Facebook this has been cancelled by the organisers, next one scheduled for September 3rd.

Hi All,

Just wondering if you had managed to check your diaries.

Our next run out is planned...

When - Sunday 13th August

Time - 10am

Where - National Trust Car Park, Alderley Edge SK10 4UB

parking spaces reserved, café on site, kick some tyres and chat cars and a chance to explore some mines if you fancy it (not for me!!)

Let me know, hopefully see you on Sunday.

thanks

Darrell

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

Well that was an interesting day, in a great way and very different.

Five Club mates met up today (13/08/23) at the NT car park, Alderley Edge, parked in reserved parking places, chatted about our cars/ weather/ etc before the rain drove us to the mining museum where Phil showed us around explaining and amazing us with his knowledge of the area and the copper mining operations that have been in evidence for thousands of years. We then donned hard hats and made our way to one of the mines to have a look round, it was a 'hole' too far for me!! But the other intrepid explorers ventured deep under ground.

A great venue for future club meets with chance to see the mines, have a drive out from there as a club (need a local club member to use their knowledge for this) or just have a chat over a brew at the nearby tea room (something we didn't get round to today) One for next year me thinks.

I have included a selection of photos I took and I know others took some so more to follow.

Thanks to Steve (Foz), Nathaniel (GambolGold), Ian (IanS), Phil (phil lilley) for a great club meet up.

Here's to the next one

Darrell

AE 130823 1.jpg

AE 130823 2.jpg

AE 130823 4.jpg

AE 130823 5.jpg

AE 130823 7.jpg

AE 130823 8.jpg

AE 130823 10.jpg

AE 130823 12.jpg

• Like 1

What a cracking way to spend a Sunday morning.  Thanks to Phil for the education and underground trip. I've walked round that area many, many times in the past and never knew what was under my feet.

Here's another photo (when it had stopped raining) with Phil modelling the latest in protective head gear - I'm not sure if it's suitable for some of the smaller tunnels !

AlderleyEdge2.thumb.jpg.a6cf73e91f0a3fb44b2ccc4be86f96db.jpg

Thanks to all and hopefully we can do it again sometime.

• Like 1

Hi,

I would like to gauge opinion as to what you want to do as a NW England member of the UK Kit Car Club.

Please could I ask you to spend a few moments and answer the questions on the link below. By doing this it will give me an indication as to what to expect and who is interested in doing what.

Many thanks

Darrell

NW Area Secretary

https://forms.office.com/e/eLuSisEWPE

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Anyone fancy a trip through the famous Blackpool illuminations and a bag of chips and a chat?

We did one last year but in December, dry but cold and we just caught the chippy before it shut!!!

It would be a last minute 'ish' notice to fit in with the weather maybe a Monday or Wednesday in October.

Last time we met at 7.30pm at B&Q Blackpool drove through the lights, didn't stop to take a photo by the tower (will rectify that this year!!!) and had some chips (may need to find an open one before the trip)

Let me know

Darrell

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

It is looking dry for Monday 9th October evening 👍

How about a 7.30pm meet up at B&Q Blackpool just off the M55 junction 4, then a ride through the illuminations, I will find a chippy that's open and a place to stop for a photo 

let me know if you are coming so I know who to wait for

looking forward to seeing you

Darrell

Hi All,

here's some photos from our trip through the lights tonight, thanks to Rob.J for meeting up, hope you got home OK!?

still can't work out what the lad who shouted "go on do a wheelie" meant!!!!! 😄

have fun everyone

Darrell

09.10.23 illuminations 1.jpg

09.10.23 illuminations 2.jpg

09.10.23 illuminations 3.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi All, I have started to put some dates in for a few car meets we could meet up at, see my message to the group for more info and thoughts for 2024.

Any drives out I plan will be in here, if you plan any put a time and meeting point on here and you may get some company.

have fun

Hi,

Last year I met a couple of guys with a RH at Charity Farm car meet on 02/04/23, we got chatting and one of their hobbies was track days at Oulton Park, they suggested we come down and watch the goings on and a chance for club members to get together. True to form I didn't get a number and my brain has filed somewhere safe the names!!!!

Are you out there gents, message me and we can progress this idea

fingers crossed

Darrell