North West Meet-Ups/Events???

Nicholas M Walker

21 hours ago, DeanRudkin said:

If you planning on going I would advise you go on the Saturday as numbers start to go down on the Sunday as everyone is packing up to go home 

thanks for the advice, Saturday it is then 👍

25 minutes ago, IanS said:

How about a visit to the traction engines?

Not as an exhibitor (you are stuck in for the duration) but just as a get together.

https://outdoorshows.co.uk/astle-park-traction-engine-rally/

Looking at the link there is much more than traction engines, this looks like a fantastic day out for your families.

if any of you decide to visit in your kit cars for a get together and day out why not post some pictures on Facebook to show what ‘we’ get up to. 

What a fabulous day I had yesterday at the Newark Kit Car Show, it was great to faces to names that I have been messaging on the forums. 

The sun shone and showed of the many different kit cars on show, what an imaginative bunch we are. A great turnout by the club, that I am sure could have seen more of us in attendance.

Wandering around the show I saw manufacturers in the main hall along with suppliers of parts, tools and 'bits n pieces' that one may need to build and tinker with their kit car, remember they are never finished!

I enjoyed talking to the owners who were more than willing to talk about their cars and offer advice to any question asked.  You could sit in cars to see if you fit, take pictures to remind you how a problem was overcome,…

All in all a great day, fingers crossed there is a Newark '23

See the Newark event page for some photos 👍

Hi All,

Here is the next NW Area ride out and meet up?

What? - The Corner House meets for enthusiasts of classic & collectors cars & bikes

When? - Sunday 7th August,

Time? – runs from 8.30am until about 12.30pm. (I am planning to get there about 10am.)

Where? -Charity Farm, Smithy Brow, Toogood Lane, Wrightington, Nr Wigan, Lancashire WN6 9PP

Search Corner House Meets on Facebook.

See earlier posts for my pictures from the July meet, pictures look great on social media, a well-attended car meet, brew and snacks available, see you there?

Let me know if you are planning on going

Darrell

• Like 1

Hi All,

Great run out to the Corner House meet today, it was great to see a number of UK KCC members. Sorry if I didn’t see you all it was a very busy meet with over 200 cars and not everyone stood by their cars and why should they!!! I must admit I got a few strange looks from people as I asked them if they were members and an even stranger look when I asked them to consider joining.

Attached are a few pictures from the meet, more can be seen by visiting the Corner House meets face book page.

It was great to put some faces to names and talk to you about your cars and the builds behind them. All in all the comments made were very positive, the weather was perfect and the cars fantastic.

One comment I heard as a Sierra Cosworth drove by was "that would make a good donor!!" I hope the driver didn’t hear it, ha ha ha.

Thanks to all the members who turned up this morning, please keep your eye on the events forum for more run outs and events.

Have fun

Darrell

070822 Corner House meet 1.jpeg

070822 Corner House meet 2.jpeg

070822 Corner House meet 3.jpeg

070822 Corner House meet chatting.jpeg

Great day out for meeting like minded drivers. Cracking day and lots of interesting cars. Must have been 150 - 200 there. Butty van doing a roaring trade. Great to see hoods and zeros in numbers along side of Jaguars, Porche, Aston Martin and more humble offerings such as "proper " Minis, Cortinas and a trike !!

Well done Darrell for putting this one up.

20220807_102512.tif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom09tom said:

Run out to Ribblehead viaduct tonight. Good place for a meet up and drive around the country roads. 

sketch-1660077327610.jpg

Hi Tom, great picture, is that a pull in/ car park? would be great to get a few cars lined up for a picture 😀

3 hours ago, Darrell said:

Hi Tom, great picture, is that a pull in/ car park? would be great to get a few cars lined up for a picture 😀

Hi, ye it's a large layby, very popular place to stop, gets busy during the day. A few car clubs have meets there. Popular with campervans also.