First MOT Question

phaeton

Kit is coming up to it's first MOT in June, anyone know if you can present 30 days early & maintain the anniversary date like you can with a normal MOT?

Edited by phaeton
Spilling mustake

I took my tin top in for it's first MOT a couple of days before the end of August and the expiry date shows as 31st August so I would think you should be OK taking it early.

2 hours ago, Darrell said:

I always put mine in before the date just in case it needs some fettling and have no problems with the dates, MOT is always dated from the expiry date.

Yes I know that, but this is the first MOT, it is currently not on the MOT database https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ hence the question.

2 hours ago, Foz said:

I took my tin top in for it's first MOT a couple of days before the end of August and the expiry date shows as 31st August so I would think you should be OK taking it early.

What was the first date of registration on the V5C?

5 hours ago, phaeton said:

Kit is coming up to it's first MOT in June, anyone know if you can present 30 days early & maintain the anniversary date like you can with a normal MOT?

In a word, no.

If you present it early for the first MOT and it passes, the second MOT will be due 12 months from that date. It's only at the second MOT that you can present it early and still maintain the actual due date

• Like 2

10 hours ago, richyb66 said:

In a word, no.

If you present it early for the first MOT and it passes, the second MOT will be due 12 months from that date. It's only at the second MOT that you can present it early and still maintain the actual due date

Thank You.

TBH That was what I was expecting, I suspected there is no link between the DSA V5C system & the VOSA MOT system, so when presented for it's first MOT it then starts the clock ticking. Bit like if you present it for a MOT on the VIN number prior to IVA it doesn't then get the 36 months to first MOT, it has to be done after 12 months.