Good Day At Brands Hatch

Guest Guy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rizla, regarding the rs jigtec front wishbone failure, I seem to remember a thread on another site looking at the mountings of the front wishbones when the car was at a show last year pointing out poor design :(, I can't think where I saw it though.

I've decided I'd like one of those minis :D and didn't the V8's sound good at full tilt B)

Guest femalehoodie

Horrified looking through this thread to see the picture of the Jigtecs failed wishbones. Anyone know what happened - my Hood has had the Jigtec mod so I'd be most interested if anyone knows exactly what happened

Irene Maguire (Mr Blue Sky)

irene

If my memory serves me right, when the matter of wishbones was raised previousley it concerned the ones on the snake car .

The wishbones were not supplied by jigtec but were on the show car when jigtec purchased the project from the previous owner.

I may be wrong but there will be someone on here who can confirm or deny this

Swan

Guest femalehoodie

Well I now see it is his SNAKE (absolute YUK YUK (I mean Jigtec Bob's Snake!!), it still had a failure of some sort of wishbone! My car was in HIS ffffff- sorry nearly said a rude word there and my apalling stutter came back!, I mean factory, in December 2003 - came back on his transporter (probably cos no-one-in their-right-mind-would-have-driven-it) Is that ok for legal purposes? Hope so moderator and Legal Team! Endless problems and now I see a picture of a JIGTEC vehicle with broken bits, bet you would all worry if it was your pride and joy, oh yes and I commute most days in Mr Blue Sky, always worried about welding which some of you may have seen at the ODD club meet that I manage to attend (Joke for those of you who know me) BUT Mr Jigtec Bob did me no favours with the work on my car. I just thought one of you would possibly know what had failed as there has to be some sort of associated part, welding, ball joint, whatever. I'd like to know for peace of mind.

Irene Maguire (Mr Blue Sky)

I have a set of RS Jigtec wishbones on my pilloried!! 2B.

The wishbones themselves are fine, well welded & filleted in all the right places.

The problem is in fixing U shaped brackets onto round tube. This looked iffy to me so I made up fillets to spread the load more evenly. May have been overkill, but my family travel in the car!!!

The ones I saw being fitted at the factory just had a single line of weld where the

bracket met the round chassis tube.

Bob.

PS I'm heartbroken I wasnt allowed out to play on Saturday....

It was my wedding anniversary & THE BOSS insisted on taking me out for a surprise lunch & wouldnt be persuaded to visit the show for a hot dog instead....

Next year....next year...

I went over to the Hoody section, but I think you'd all gone down to the track

as it was fairly deserted. :blink: Spotted the Rizla-mobile straight away ;)

Nice car, dude :p

I would agree with a couple of points, that the number of trade stands was disappointing and that Robin Hood's no-show was a bit of a blow. I would have

liked to have seen the Lightweight on the road, as I'm just starting to build one,

but I think Robin Hood are going through a quiet spell after the takeover.

Could have done with some more pit-babes, but the few I saw were well up

to scratch :D :D ;) My ride in a Hayabusa-powered Fisher Fury was also

rather "invigorating" :rolleyes: I wasn't scared in the slightest :p

Anyone who missed it this time, make it a definite next time B)

Pete

:D spoke to steve hole(total kitcar) and he said that palmer motorsport vision was amazed at the turn out and a permanent fixture at brands is on :D a 2 dayer next year and a ditional one at oulton park as well,called total kitcar north :D

well done everyone that attended you did the kitcar industry proud,and put us on the big stage with motorsport vision

give yourselves a pat on the back..........well done everyone :wub:

Guest Battery Bill

Got a letter from Marc at MNR and when they got the car sorted they were doing lap times 4 tenths quicker than the dax hyabusa turbo :blink: :blink:

That was even though the (Not so Rush) must have taken 15 car lengths out on him down the main straight !!!

Now that is a seriously quick car :D :D

:rolleyes: just goes to show bill you dont need to spend a extotionate amount of money or time to be the fastest se7en type car,and they only finished it on the friday and this was its first time out