About To Give Up

femster87

Going for a run in someone else`s motor is sound advice. Especially on a crisp, clear, sunny day as today is/ was.

I was out this morning just trying to get some miles on the clock to break in the recon engine, which at best is a boring chore

but today was brilliant, and the compression has shot up... Result :rolleyes:

Femi,

Don't despair mate, it's so worth it in the end. As Rob said, get a fellow round with a finished car and go for a blast, also you could loin the local guys for an Xmas meal and have some banter to egg you on

At one stage everything I touched ended up running into problems. Had about six different tasks all going at once and all were stalled. Lost heart and thought of selling it. Shut the garage door on it for three months and got on with the rest of my life for a while. Then got itchy fingers again. In the time off the problems all seemed to have solved themselves and I easily completed them. Finished the build quickly and easily after that.

Nigel

When I was building mine, I sometimes didn't touch it for over a month.

It does help to have someone nearby who is building or completed theirs and either pop round, or invite them to you. A job that would have taken you an hour, may take anything from 30 mins to 4 hours with a mate there to help (Obviously including tea drinking and natter time).

Don't give in, just leave it for a while. My Wife used to say to me not to rush it, just enjoy it.

Nick

Every thing in life that's worth doing is BORING at some time,as others have said leave it for a while & wait until you're in a more positive frame of mind. Go kick the cat, have a whiskey or two (other past-times are available)

Femi - I have been there mate. Just walk away and have a break from it. Personally, I don't have a deadline or a target date. It would be nice to get on the road for next spring or summer, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't matter.

Guest Hammy360

Femi,

Im near the end of my build mate and have had a few episodes like that recently but every time I sort it out I feel ten times better, keep going mate.

PS. Did you get my PM with number? If you havent sorted that problem out with the loom then give me a bell mate

Guest fatfingers

Femster

you are fortunate and you should be proud to have the ability to even attempt buiding a car and if the reason you bought it was the challenge it will give you more satisfaction when you solve the problems you are faced with. I bought mine as a finnished product because i haven't got a clue about cars, but i still drink the whiskey anyway