Rhocar Tour 2017 Wales Not Going Ahead

Guest whiz

The time has come again to think about our next tour. Planned weekend is the 15th April. We need a change of scenery having done Scotland 3 times now. I know its a fantastic place. So was thinking about Ireland. Leaving Belfast from the ferry and heading north round the coast. Now only having been to Ireland once to see the Northwest 500 a few years back I'm open to any suggestions for routes and stopovers.

Ferry from Liverpool for the southerners and Cairnryan for us northerners

So if your interested append your name and I will get the ball rolling.

Andy

Edited by whiz

Ferry prices put me off too until now - i.e. too expensive for an adhoc jaunt/roughly same price as getting into Europe

Yes. Mountain pass is two way though, not one way as it is during TT week, oh and it is a true de-restricted road. Ferry is normally expensive though.

I might be up for this, depending on a few things. I can't commit just yet.

Anyway I have just had a quick look based on travelling out on the 14th and returning on the 18th (just a guess) and the cheapest at the moment is Stena Line Liverpool to Belfast at £148.80 return. The only issue is that it is a 10 hour crossing so a waste of a day. If you go overnight the night before, which gets in at 6:30 am, it is £176 + the cost of a seat or a cabin. It could go up to £296 with cabins both ways.

Like Richard, we wanted to do the Atlantic Coast Route; but the costs are high. This year Mo & I ( with Stephen A ,Leslie & Apple County crew ) are going to northern Spain -- 5 nights hotel accommodation plus overnight ferry each way for a total of £610 for both of us.(Cabin both ways )

Edited by florin metal works
  • Like 1

It's the second time we've been with Brittany Ferries on one of their "package holidays" ; ferry & hotels all booked with Brittany. This year we are sailing Portsmouth to Santander (over night both ways ) price above is for 2 people & car -- Brittany's reference SPAPIC --- not sure if that's still on offer.

• Like 1

Guest peter2b2002

went front Fishguard to roslair along time ago, roads were empty then which was bad as we were hitch hiking, lovely countyside and very friendly locals

peter-2b