The Ponderosa Cafe

Andi

Hi all,

Im planning a trip to Horsehoe Pass and the Ponderosa Cafe Saturday 30th July.

I dont seemed to have used the car as much as I had liked so its time to get out and about.

So if anyones up for it let me know. (cant work out weather to camp over or not yet).

Cheers

Andi

i dont come back from holiday till early hours but if feeling up to it and can get a pass i will try and make it what time would you be setting off?

Google says 2.45 hrs..... But that doesnt take into account overheating, loose wires, 80 miles per full tank and wee stops so I reckon bout 8.30am from leicester.

Looks like A5 most of the way.

Andi

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry mate, busy busy busy with this baby malarky, going to work, doing all the house chores and now having to tend to her allotment every night.

Yes mate I`ll meet you at Stateside at 9am.

Andi

Andi,

the wind changed direction so now looks like I have a pass out for Saturday, book the sunshine and I'll see you on the A5 with Gaz by the Copper Kettle.

Jez

Nice one Jez, you know it makes sense...

Here is the suggested route

Mappy moo moo

Andi

The google route goes along the M6 Toll, personally I'd stick on the A5 and take another 10 minutes and save your cash for beer. When you get to Bridgetown just follow the signs for the A460 which will take you parallel to the M6 Toll (pretty much as shown on the map but without actually going on the Toll) and then onto the A460 towards J11.

Also note that there is a mahoosive pot hole on the A460 in Featherstone - basically as you come down the A460 from M6 J11, you pass a big HGV fuel station on the right and then after about 1/2 a mile you cross over some traffic lights. The pot hole is here - on the lefthand side of the road right where you cross the lights, if you leave a decent gap between the car in front you'll have time to spot it and take avoiding action.

Also, to keep things nice and symmetrical - there's also a similar pothole at the same set of lights coming back the other way.

This is the first one:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Featherstone,+Wolverhampton,+West+Midlands+WV10,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=52.646535,-2.084304&spn=0,0.003479&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=6.4395,32.783203&geocode=FaJGIwMdQA7g_w&z=19&layer=c&cbll=52.646684,-2.084163&panoid=Tn_kLV_VnsbhF-fM6OD4_Q&cbp=12,32.51,,0,0

they obviously fixed it on the cheap - it's a big hole again now. The other one is similar.

Your right, ddnt notice the toll, which is a definate no no as is the motorway. Thanks for the pothole warning, ill have to keep me eyes peeled.

Andi

The google route goes along the M6 Toll, personally I'd stick on the A5 and take another 10 minutes and save your cash for beer. When you get to Bridgetown just follow the signs for the A460 which will take you parallel to the M6 Toll (pretty much as shown on the map but without actually going on the Toll) and then onto the A460 towards J11.

Also note that there is a mahoosive pot hole on the A460 in Featherstone - basically as you come down the A460 from M6 J11, you pass a big HGV fuel station on the right and then after about 1/2 a mile you cross over some traffic lights. The pot hole is here - on the lefthand side of the road right where you cross the lights, if you leave a decent gap between the car in front you'll have time to spot it and take avoiding action.

Also, to keep things nice and symmetrical - there's also a similar pothole at the same set of lights coming back the other way.

This is the first one:

http://maps.google.c...p=12,32.51,,0,0

they obviously fixed it on the cheap - it's a big hole again now. The other one is similar.

hi andi how long are you planning to stay there we are in walesthis week camping

Hiya,

Just for Saturday into Sunday really. Havnt got any plans for Sunday but most likely be a blast out somewhere.

Andi