20 replies to this topic

#16 utuber

utuber

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 308 posts
  • Car type:ZERO Black/Stainless IVA passed 12/12/12

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:02 AM

I have the choice of two area meetings both about the same distance away a round trip of aprox eighty miles,not I have an hour to spare or a last minute pop out trip especially when you do not have any wet weather gear.Perhaps if members went to a meeting on their doorstep and liked it they would be more inclined to attend meetings further afield.

#17 unclechief

unclechief

Keith Kelly - Events Sec

• Committee
  • 1,660 posts
  • Car type:GBS ZERO Zetec Zx6r carbs 163BHP

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

Are there many member close to you? Could be worth considering a new are meet as an option? If existing ones are relocated it will always extend the travel distance for someone. Will never be able to please all.
GBS Zero
"Likes Splatting Badger Guts onto Fellow Members"

#18 utuber

utuber

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 308 posts
  • Car type:ZERO Black/Stainless IVA passed 12/12/12

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

Are there many member close to you? Could be worth considering a new are meet as an option? If existing ones are relocated it will always extend the travel distance for someone. Will never be able to please all.

Surely that is why the original idea was for a rotating area venue

#19 florin metal works

florin metal works

Hants & Dorset Area Secretary

• Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts
  • Car type:2B+

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

Bite the bullet Stewart,or what-ever; suggest a venue closer to home for you & see if other members agree --variety is good.

#20 CMA

CMA

Super builder

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,429 posts
  • Car type:981 Porker

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

I have the choice of two area meetings both about the same distance away a round trip of aprox eighty miles,not I have an hour to spare or a last minute pop out trip especially when you do not have any wet weather gear.Perhaps if members went to a meeting on their doorstep and liked it they would be more inclined to attend meetings further afield.

South Yorkshire area had the same issue, travel all the way to Leeds or all the way to Nottingham (I think) so we set our own area meet up and it's gone from strength to strength. Started out with 4 of us meeting back in July 2007.

#21 richyb66

richyb66

Wheely good builder!

• Area Secretary
  • 1,815 posts
  • Car type:2B wishbone 4.6 V8

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:06 PM

Changing the location of the W, W, W Mids meet is something that I have considered but haven't implemented for several reasons. We always get a good attendance and maybe 50% of the people who attend, don't come on the forum, they just turn up. This would mean having to contact people individually and directly which I don't have the time to do. Also we are a large geographic area and people are well spread out but the Malt Shovel is fairly central to most which helps with travel time to the venue as it's not always easy getting around Birmingham on a weekday evening.

I'm quite sure that if we were to have an interim meeting (possibly on another Wednesday) at another venue, that it would get some support. If you have a suitable venue in mind, post it up and I will help however I can to get people to attend.

Warks, Worcs, W Mids area meet. Last Wednesday of the month 7PM onwards, January to November. Malt Shovel Pub, Coventry Road, Nr Stonebridge, Coventry, CV7 7HL

https://maps.google....ingdom&t=m&z=15

Entrance to pub car park is off the A452 Chester Road heading North 50 yards from the island.