The Rv8 Rebuild Is Well Underway...

Shaft

Hi peeps...

Well, the winter mods time will soon be here so i'm busy beavering away getting

the old 3.9 RV8 ready for when the car comes of the road.

Thought i'd post a couple of pics and a link to the rest I've got in my usual Photobucket

account.

Funnily enough, I'm slightly excited about getting the old 8 pot fitted and running. 8)

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/shaft_Zero/Replacement%20engine%20rebuild/

On its way apart....

IMAG0231.jpg

On it's way back together, only improved!...

IMAG0283.jpg

MMhhhh, Piper 285 and anti pump lifters...

IMAG0284.jpg

Been down the garage this evening doing a bit more on the RV8...

Cam timing all set now and all bolted up complete. Duplex Timing Chain adjustable at the Crank Sprocket

IMAG0291.jpg

Then back to the heads and now sorting the Exhaust ports to remove the stupid humps and bumps that Rover heads all have. The valve bowls are already done so just a case of matching to the gasket (except the bottom, it needs a step to assist in stopping gas reversion) and blending through to meet the bowls. One done, Seven to go!

Check out the amount you can remove from standard... :db:

IMAG0293.jpg

Well, managed to grab another few hours down the garage this evening and have now got one head complete with all the valves cleaned, dressed and lapped into their seats.

Shiny things... i reckon i'm part Magpie! :crazy:

IMAG0294.jpg

love it

always fancied some sort of V engine, the noise is just incredible. what sort of power are you expecting from this?

Thanks. :drinks:

From past experience of building Rover V8's this should be putting out @ 260bhp with the spec I'm building it too.

If it Rolling Roads at that I'll be a happy bunny as 260 bhp should equate to @ 250 ftlbs of Torque with the porting and cam set up.

Guest MarkB

260hp!

holy moly, what spec are you building it to? i'd have been better off with one of these than supercharing my pinto i think!!

or just buy.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHEVY-GEN-III-LS1-LM7-V8-Small-Block-Engine-Drag-Drift-Kit-Car-TVR-Rover-Cobra-/150825369574?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231de47fe6

plug and play

260hp!

holy moly, what spec are you building it to? i'd have been better off with one of these than supercharing my pinto i think!!

3.9 serpentine block, bores honed, balanced crank, match weighted rods, piston tops cc'd, new big end and main shells,

new rings, stage 3 heads, combustion chambers polished and cc matched, thin head gasket raising compression to 9.75:1,

Piper 285 cam, Rhoads anti pump lifters, Duplex timing chain, new 1.6:1 ratio rockers, rocker pedestals shimmed to achieve

correct pre load on the lifters, offenhauser dual plane inlet manifold and an Edelbrock 500 carb.

Phew.... That's a lot of waffle!! Just got the exhausts to sort then... That's a worry for another day though.