Stoneleigh Highlights

Joel

Another great weekend despite it being a little damp on Monday.

Drove home with the hood down as it was sunny in Wales :D

seriously i saw sue and tim run themselves ragged over the weekend and realy should be applauded for there commitment .

tims ability to take the p s out of any one is also something to behold.

i for one appreciated the hard work .

graham

i Couldn't agree more

Les

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gdc

les

not wishing to offend but you appear taller in print????????

perehaps its that big hammer holding you down

best regards to wales

regards graham

Can't say I saw anyone but the cateringvans with bought in entertainment and they all have so much money to chuck about that few of them build their cars, many of them don't know one end of a spanner from their backsides, most know didley squat about cars and as it was a car show they had nothing to talk about so had to have a band and marquee and pretend it was a jazz festival. Not that I have anything against cateringvan owners. I know one, bit like Harry Enfields 'Tim nice but dim' and he's OKish. Prefer our Tim big bad boss, a few laughs, good conversation and a barbie.

(Must get my man to do a splendid tuneup of the motor ready for Barkstone.)

Nigel

les

not wishing to offend but you appear taller in print????????

perehaps its that big hammer holding you down

best regards to wales

regards graham

:lol: :yahoo: :lol: :yahoo:

i just spilt my morning coffee cos of this

Guest diyer
Simon....the club provided two gazeebos, a BBQ and £60 worth of meat to go with it....if you think that we should be doing more then please try and provide us witrh the extra time and space to do so....... we all have jobs, some of us have kids too....and we like to come in our kit cars so don't have the space for a jazz band.....if you would like to organise something then please feel free to have a go ....but do think on that everyone else there seemed to have a great time without the need to spend loads on importing entertainment....the boys usually create some all of their own.. Why not stick around and camp with us, you might enjoy our simple life

This isn't a slap in the face but some of us put in time and effort and could be offeneded by your comment,

SUE

Hi Sue,

I was not 'having a go' honestly, i fully understand the organisation involved, it is just what i observed, i am assuming the bbq was on the monday? or sunday evening? i had to leave teatime sunday so wouldn't of been aware of it, i just didn't see anything on the sunday.

Thanks

Simon

I am trying to source a hog roast for Newark if anyone has any connections.

whole sheep or cattle i can do... hogs no :(

Hmm, a whole cow *dreams* ^_^

Guest Bob's Babe

We had a small BBQ on Sat and a bigger one on Sun. It's a club BBQ, everyone brings there own food and I usually bring a bag of exytras for people to have a bit. Everyone has to do a bit of the cooking....it's usually the warmest place for our nesh campers!

Lots do there own cooking by their own tents and then either join us or sit and chat where they are......no pressure to join in, everyone does what they want.

SUE

Guest chris brown
no pressure to join in, everyone does what they want.
That’s the way it should be, there is nothing worse than lots of people milling around the "organised" do just because they think they have to be there and in any case we are there to enjoy ourselves (all of us) and what better way is there than chatting with friends (sometimes about cars even)

Guest john
Simon

I am trying to source a hog roast for Newark if anyone has any connections.

Tim, at our Thames Valley meet tonight, Peter Ray said he has a contact for Hogroasts, he will get details for you.

Had a good day on monday bit wet though on the way up. I was surprised and pleased to see RS there with his new car and in his show suit! I did like the engine in the Dax I wonder if they will get it SVAd? interesting in the bragging stakes 'wot revs will it do mister?' :D

Peter

post-24-1178752014_thumb.jpg

post-24-1178752031_thumb.jpg