Year End

Guest Tim Norman

Sue Tim and family.

I have only known the club with Sue and Youself at the helm, as I joined the previous regime must have been on the way out.

This decision must have taken a great deal of thought and the conclusion must have been very difficult to realise.

The RHOCaR members owe you a great deal for making this club what it is and the community spirit you have generated

We hope you will take the experience you have had and the friends you have made into the future with you.

Both Marilyn and I wish you well for that future and look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ken Brough

I would like to thank Tim and Sue for running an excellent club. No matter when you meet them they make you feel so welcome. My first dealing with Tim was to collect a prize from the RHO raffle. The trips to Barkston and Le Mans have been great. Let's hope to see you competing at Barkston next year. It's a sad day for the club, but lets all think of the good things that have come from Tim and Sue's leadership. I hope you both enjoy your leisure time and hope to see you at the next show.

I echo all that's been said.

I sure the decision you have made has not been taken lightly.

I remember the first show I attended as a member at Newark, I was welcomed when I pulled up to pitch my tent with my son.

A good evening was spent chatting with a beer or three and bacon butties offered for breakfast in the morning.

Let's hope the club continues as it has done over the last few years.

Tim and Sue have done a brilliant job with the club and for that I give them my heart felt thanks.

Les

I would like to thank Tim and Sue for all their efforts and fantastic leader ship over the years they have made a good club great. I also agree that you should be elected to an honorary post of President in reward for your achievements.

Thanks Tim and Sue

Stephen and Lesley.

for me the thought of tim and sue not being at the helm is hard to imagine. i think they must have just about always been in charge while we've had hoods.

the warmth of the welcome we got both on this board and at the shows made kit car owning something really special. even though i have something other than a hood now (nearly) i'd like to think that i'll always be a hoodyt and i know that the warmth of the welcome will remain the same.

its a great shame that you feel you cant go on with the club, but you know best when enough is enough; especially where health is concerned. health scares tend to put everything else into perspective.

one thing that occurred to me on the previous page where it was mentioned about you becoming president etc. instead i wonder if we couldnt keep you as just chairman rather than chairman, membership secretary, events secretary, merchandising officer,and any other roles that arent claimed that you've been forced to pick up over the past few years

it might even be easier to find 2 or 3 people to take on these individual roles rather than the whole lot that you've been battling with for the past few years.

paul

I echo all the sentiments above and more. I have been involved in other clubs before and nothing comes close to the "balance" Tim and Sue have managed to bring to this club. In my experience clubs are either too "professional" for their own good, being run as a business rather than a club and a bit too elitist. Or they are badly organsised with not enough participation. I appreciate many clubs do not have the membership we have but the balance between professionalism, with the retention of a grass roots love of cars, petrol and a bl**dy good time has been greatly appreciated. By me at least. I sincerely want to thank Tim and Sue for their efforts. It is normally a fairly thankless task of drudgery processing admin at home in your spare time. Coupled with the efforts (and cost) to bring gazebos, bbq's, supplies and retaining an approachable (most of the time) persona and getting around to most of the shows, displays comittment far beyond the norm.

I hope your stress levels decrease Tim and you are fighting fit again soon.

Here here for Tim and Sue and many thanks for everything.

Guest mastarforth

It will be a sad loss to the club, but your reasons prove you have obviously given it alot of consideration. I would just like to thank you both for making Lin and I feel welcome at all of the shows we have attended. Seeing you both was always our first port of call as you always made us feel so welcome.

Good luck to you both, and I look forward to seeing you at the shows in 2008, on the otherside.

Tim, Le Mans 2008 is a possiblity now? And good luck to whoever takes up the challenge next. YOu will be a hard act to follow.

Good luck to you both!

Andrew

I too, have only known Tim & Sue at the helm and echo all previous complimentary comments.

You've done a great job, but now it's someone else's turn.

I look forward to continuing to see you at the various future gatherings.

As an ex Vice-Chairman of a Motocross Club, I know only too well of the amount of effort involved and what a thankless task it can be sometimes. I am proud to be part of this Club, participate and help out wherever possible and above all, I hope it continues to thrive.

Guest manglemender

I've only been a member for a couple of years and not known any other leadership. This is a friendly and co-operative club (mostly) - as a club should be - and as such, membership has been a pleasure. I hope that there will be a worhty sucsessor to take the helm and keep the club on track as the best kit car club in the UK.

Look after number one so that number one can lookafter number 2 etc!

Nick

Guest Tim Norman
Has anyone considered getting a paid part time secretary or something? I guess it's an option if necessary.....

Sorry to hear the news.

Dan :)

Club funds won't run to paying anyone for anything

just a thought regarding shows that might help to reduce the burden.

how about each area adopting their own local show? they could then help out setting up, manning the pitch etc. i'd be happy to help out at my local show, and it might mean that the new chairman doesnt have everything to do, all the admin and all the shows; which must be a massive undertaking.

paul

Guest salty_monk
Club funds won't run to paying anyone for anything

But they might.... We seem to be left with a surplus & to be honest we are already one of the cheapest clubs around. Expand the membership & up the dues, that will give someone an incentive, anyway just an idea. I'd rather see that than it folds.

We seem to be around 1000 - The westfield club has a membership £10+ more than us, that would be 10 grand towards a part timer, should be enough to take away a lot of the membership stuff & some of the other crap...

Dan :)

just a thought regarding shows that might help to reduce the burden.

how about each area adopting their own local show? they could then help out setting up, manning the pitch etc. i'd be happy to help out at my local show, and it might mean that the new chairman doesnt have everything to do, all the admin and all the shows; which must be a massive undertaking.

paul

Sound a good idea to me.

Stephen