Spare Wheel

Andi

Guest salty_monk

You don't need one but if you have one then it has to be road legal for MOT. A lot of testers seem to be quite lenient on this though.

For driving around carrying it then it doesn't matter but you could get nicked if you have to fit it (if it's not legal tread).

Dan :)

Guest chris brown
You don't need one but if you have one then it has to be road legal for MOT.

Not true Dan the spare wheel isn’t a testable item and never has been as far as I am aware. But I wouldn’t go far without a serviceable one, and as far as the puncture repair in a can, well it’s a complete waist of space IMHO it just wrecks a tyre and costs more to get the tyre replaced as the wheel has to be cleaned up before a new tyre can be fitted.

:blush: Come-on guys-- when was the last time you had a flat on your tin-top? carry a plastic mac if you think it's gonna rain--& you may get a little wet--but no need for a life-jacket. Live a little nearer the edge--or do you take a parachute when you fly away on hols. B)

Guest chris brown
:blush: Come-on guys-- when was the last time you had a flat on your tin-top? carry a plastic mac if you think it's gonna rain--& you may get a little wet--but no need for a life-jacket. Live a little nearer the edge--or do you take a parachute when you fly away on hols. B)

I agree it is a long time since I had a flat but still wouldn’t want one when on a French toll road without a spare or anywhere else for that matter.

some of the roadside recovery copanies will NOT attend you if you havnt got a spare wheel, and the tyre foam stuff can fail to do its job.

Mitch

Yes many years ago I was stuck 300 miles away on the coast in a Fiat X19 after a puncture and the spare was punctured too

(just brought it and failed to check) anyway the large royal type of recovery company said on the phone they could not touch

it if I hadnt looked after the spare. They sent a contractor to do a road side repair if possible, whereby he just lifted me up and said

"get in, youve got two flat tyres and a flat spare havnt you?"

Gotta hand it to some of these guys.

Guest shaggy

First run out for me ended in a flat - luckily One was lent to me as the can of foam was absolutely useless. Shortly after that I fitted the spare, and had yet another flat whilst out with my good lady.

Compo

Guest charliems7

I have'nt a spare either,Was wondering if the bike/ATV repair plugs

for tubeless tyres were ok to use on a car wheel?

You can get extra air cartrides,Anyone used this type?

I'v only had to change a car wheel once in 26 years of driving/riding,

and that was my own fault.

charlie

I have used this ( http://www.slime.com/category_3_Tire_Sealant.html ) in the past on my bikes with ally wheels with some success , but i must admit that i dont realy know what sort of a mess it could make to the wheel as i have never had to take a tyre off fortunately .

But not carrying a spare wont help if you damage a wheel in one of those pot holes that are always appearaing these days .

mike