New Gbsc 3-wheeler At Stoneleigh?

Joel

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest robinj66

The "car" in the picis still in "development". The guy on the stand at Stoneleigh had a picture of the proposed body which looked very modern / aerodynamic.

I understand the idea is to put the kit out with a small (moped) engine to begin with - this and the light weight (body/moncoque is planned to be two grp layers sandwiching foam ) mean it will probably be exempt from the SVA. There are plans to progress on to larger engines (I asked about 1000cc motorbike engines)

The car is proposed as a track tool as opposed to a full road car

I spoke to Richards Dad about this. 'GBS are assisting in it's development,' I was told. Still a way to go I think before kits are marketed and I did not get a clear idea if this will be sold under the GBS banner. Much more interested in the Zero. Richard's part complete car is coming on well with plated wishbones and wing stays on the front and the two completed Zeros looked very good.

Nigel

Guest Bazwaz

I was speaking to the guy and the three wheeler will have to pass the bike SVA. The prototype at the show had two seats but the production model will be a single seater and will be sold as a complete kit including engine. I may have misheard but i think he said they'd got the weight down to 90kgs.

Barry

Guest salty_monk

Are they going to call it the "Sinclair"???

There are some huge factors to address with a vehicle such as this, most important are safety & people's impressions. Hope it works out for them. :)

Guest Ad_W2001
Wonder if they will be able to enter the congestion zone FOC

Well if ol' Borris gets his way, there might not be a congestion charge for much longer :D

Guest salty_monk

:lol: that's exactly what it looks like too... not much integration there.

If that's the owner... he looks older than Sir Chris... what's he doing driving that ;) :lol: :wub:

I bet that if he'd talked a bit faster he could have avoided any sort of registration messing around too. It's still only able to carry two people and it doesn't look like he's modified the frame in any way. OK he's bolted what amounts to a second frame on the front but so long as he hasn't altered the original......

I seem to remember that the Grinnal's were pretty much the same from a construction point of view - it's just that the bodywork covered the rear a little better. The advert I'm thinking of even made a point of stating how many minutes it took to do the conversion in both directions (now let's see the registration laws account for THAT one - one motorbike frame and engine that can theoretically change from bike to trike several times in the course of a week).

Iain

Guest chris brown
If that's the owner... he looks older than Sir Chris... what's he doing driving that ;) :lol: :wub:

You don’t half know how to hurt don’t you young Dan :wacko:

:vava: That’s just likely to be you if you ever show your face in this country again. :yahoo:

Guest craig cowley

i had a chat with one of the guys at stoneleigh it is to be called the bullet it is being launched at newark kit car show and will be first released as a 50cc the picture above was the prototype/test bed it will need a Msva which apparrently is not as bad as the sva the 50cc version will be single seater with a two seater coming later with the big engines the body work from what he explained looks a little like a f1 front end with a wing and the trike will have a sliding canopy a bit like a fighter jet!!! steering will be direct (no steering rack) with gear change being either paddlles or buttons on the steering wheel and front of body will be made of vacumm formed plastic

i have just sold my s7 and am seriously looking into this as a way of commuting to work will be going to newark to maybe place an order but will be talking to gbs to see if i can get a slightly bigger engine to fit without mods

from talking to gbs they seem to have done quite a bit of research on handaling/roadholding on the prototype (it was taxed and road leagle 15pound tax)

they are also looking at an electric reverse.

apparently build time for them is about 2 days!!! and he recond an average builder could put it together in two weeks

watch this space !!!!!!

phoned gbs up and got a few more details front end will be based on front end of a car called caparo t1 as shown in the picpost-539-1210795186_thumb.jpg