How To Keep The Mrs Warm

Guest solcol

Guest solcol

Silly question but how do I resolve my problem.

Now I have the Hood running proper I want to get more use out of it and get to more shows, but her in doors always makes an excuse that it is too cold. Unless it is boiling outside she wont go in it. I dont use the doors as they spoil the sensation of the wind in the air etc etc

Ive tried several hats - no good, her air blows about and she looks silly. Dear stalker, baseball cap etc etc

Heated blanket running off cigarette lighter - no good, looks silly

Heaters fitted - no good, not enough heat

I cant exchange the Mrs as were getting married in september.

Any suggestions?????

The dilemas we have - lol

Guest Jabberwocky

Maplins where doing some electrically heated gloves and jackets recently

TBH I wear jeans, fleece and a windproof jacket and that sees me OK. Apart from when it snowed then I had thermals on as well

Guest Nigel Novice

Have you tried psychology :huh: you know like offer other options, she could always stay at home and do the ironing or cook a nice meal for your return or quit griping and come and enjoy some adrenalin in her veins and the wind in her face :rolleyes:

Ouch yes dear <_< I'll put kettle on

Guest salty_monk

Something like one of these vests: http://www.motobrio.com/ShowProducts.cfm?CatId=106

Just plug into a cigarette lighter socket. She'll be toasty. Gerbing is a good make but there are others available.

Been motorbike riding with a couple wearing these. I had winter gloves, thermals under motorbike trousers, thermals, T shirt, fleece jacket, thick motorbike Jacket & hood balaclava plus glove liners, just about warm.

These guys had - Regular trousers (girl was wearing jeans). Regular motorbike jacket with T shirt & the heated vest & regular gloves (he has heated grips too). They told me they had to turn the vests down - too hot.

It was about 6 degrees outside.

Dan :)

Unfortunately the passenger side of the car is even more "breezy" then sitting in the drivers seat, somehow our hands being forward on the steering wheel does alter the airflow on the drivers side, but in the passenger side it's much worse.

You can fit "elephants ears" but they only cut the draught down a little, especially at any speed. NW website photo

You really do need to fit the passenger door for her unfortunately.

You can also buy her (& yourself) a "dead sheep" ie a sheepskin coat.

A pair of decent safety glasses will keep the wind out of eyes, they come in nice shapes and they are very cheap.