Yee Gods, Where's All The Sierra's Gone?

Shaft

Hi all, does anyone know where the sierra pinto's are being secretly sold??? pmsl

I'm collecting my Zero plus kit in December and was hoping to have all the parts prepped and ready for then. I'll be lucky to have a donor by then at this rate.

Was watching one on Fleabay at the weekend but it went for stupid money, i'd rather buy a recon box and diff, new hubs etc than pay somebody stupid dollar for a 20 year old pile of crap. :cray:

Not bothered about condition of the engine as it will be binned straight after IVA. :crazy:

Cheers all,

Nick

if its for build ony stick a 1,6 in, they go for peanuts, or, Dave Castle as a 1,8 for sale in the for sale section, ,

or just build it with the engine you want in later, it will sve a lot of work later,

Mitch

if its for build ony stick a 1,6 in, they go for peanuts, or, Dave Castle as a 1,8 for sale in the for sale section, ,

or just build it with the engine you want in later, it will sve a lot of work later,

Mitch

Cheers for that Mitch, are the 1.6 / 1.8 CVH or DOHC?? what gbox do they use??

I was assuming to go Pinto for ease of original build to fit too factory spec chassis, what with buying the Plus kit.

Nick.

the doner is a sierra and they are becoming hard to find as a complete entity .

a lot of guys are fitting twin cam engines but we still need the rest of the componants ,

front hubs diff drive shafts ect .

if you need one for a build then you have to grab it and quick !there are stll lots of bits arraound but complete cars for a donor are becoming difficult to find .

graham

Guest MartinP
Reasons against the 1.8CVH please Nigel; it's what I'm fitting & hope to run for a long time as it's only got 40k on it a the moment.

I believe the it's not as powerful/tuneable as the pinto, there are a few about.

Martin

from the few bits i've read i think the CVH was designed more for emissions regulation for the american market and hence not geared towards lots performance (other than the RS turbo). The cam shafts are also very prone to wear i believe due to the geometry.

HTH

If you build with a cvh to get through IVA it makes it easier to change to Zetec later

Thanks for that Steve, i assume that has something to do with the exhaust side?? Does the CVH use the type 9 box??

Cheers, Nick

Mine was built with a 1.8cvh. cvh seems down on power but still makes me smile when ever I drive it.

Hope to install a zetec this winter. The cvh has the advantage of inlet & exhaust on the same side as the zetec and from reading posts on the conversion i'll need the starter and several other bits from the old engine to make it work.

i'll need the starter and several other bits from the old engine
You can even make the sump fit a zetec and shorten it easily as it's steel.

Nothing really against CVH engine, more a positive attachment to the pinto. CVH not very long lived but pinto goes on for ever and almost unbreakable. Loads of tuning stuff for pinto and a more exciting brutal engine to sit behind.

Nigel