• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qwerty_100
Hi Guys I can do Fife

Andy Hunter

Thanks Andy

Keep this going guys and girls the more names on the map the more money we can raise also a big well done to Phill Skelton for all his efforts he has spent the last four days working on this so may thanks. By doing somthing like this we get to drive our cars and have fun as well as raise mony for charity life is good sometimes so keep the ideas comming. Thanks Kev

Hi All,

Been away last week and have just caught up with this thread - Excellent idea!

I'm based in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire and would be happy to help wherever possible.

Plenty of nice places to visit around my neck of the woods (Knaresborough, Harrogate, Pately Bridge, Fountains Abbey, The Dales etc. etc) and would be willing to collect, make logbook entries and relay to wherever.

Count me in.

Hi All,

Been away last week and have just caught up with this thread - Excellent idea!

I'm based in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire and would be happy to help wherever possible.

Plenty of nice places to visit around my neck of the woods (Knaresborough, Harrogate, Pately Bridge, Fountains Abbey, The Dales etc. etc) and would be willing to collect, make logbook entries and relay to wherever.

Count me in.

Dont forget to vote here

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?show...mp;#entry198032

I like this :D Myself and Becks will help out in anyway we can :good: may be we could take the bear over to the old Brooklands track for a few photos as it only just down the road from us.

Well, if its starting from Stoneleigh

Don't know if its been said :unsure: but I see from the Stoneleigh ad in CKC that they are having Vicki Butler Henderson & Tiff Needell there over the weekend may be worth a try at getting them involved to kick things off B)

Guest Alan_builder

Hi all,

Only just got this far down reading the posts.

QUOTE (Dave R @ Feb 17 2010, 06:01 PM) *

i think they should all be in a hood, or not count

i can take it from northants, to the channel islands and back again in the hood in june

I took this to mean tin tops don't count!

Hang on here is that not discrimination , I am a member of RHOcAR but own a westfield And you are suggesting I cannot take part because of this !

A valid point. However most of the public can't tell a RH from a Westfield or visa versa so what the hell does it matter any way.

To me all 7 type / style cars are Robin Hoods!

The only point I think I would like to make at this point is it should have an element of fun for us and not turn into a nightmare.

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Totally agree Alan. This is a great opportunity to have a laugh and raise some serious cash.

BTW, when will Hoodie be up and running for some publicity Pics. Trying to get something sorted out that will give us a bit of exposure.

Am I right in my assumption that the chosen cause is the Association of Air Ambulances?

Guest The Modfather

As someone has already mentioned, I will try and get Reading FC to do something with him (the bear that is!), try and get him out onto the pitch at half time or whatever. I will run it through the powers that be at work, the football liaison officer, and will let you know. I do apologise that it is only Reading FC, as I used to police West Ham, Tottenham and Arsenal, which would have been better, but RFC do have good media coverage for the area.

Has anyone got contacts in the TV sector? Even local TV? I also have Heart FM studios near my place of work, so will attempt contact with them.

Darren

Guest The Modfather

Phil, I have contacted Heart Berkshire and North Hampshire radio station, and have requested some publicity. I will await their reply as to what they can do, and will let you know the outcome. I will now attempt contact with Reading FC.

Darren

Guest Alan_builder
As someone has already mentioned, I will try and get Reading FC to do something with him (the bear that is!), try and get him out onto the pitch at half time or whatever. I will run it through the powers that be at work, the football liaison officer, and will let you know. I do apologise that it is only Reading FC, as I used to police West Ham, Tottenham and Arsenal, which would have been better, but RFC do have good media coverage for the area.

Has anyone got contacts in the TV sector? Even local TV? I also have Heart FM studios near my place of work, so will attempt contact with them.

Darren

Hi Daren,

I have only just got to the bear essentials of this post.

I did have contact with RFC, what you didn't say in your post was that RFC have a bear sorry lion as a mascot (Loxley?) so they must be cousins, well I planned to put 11 cars on the pitch in team formation and have the team in them. I was going to do this for our Calendar photo shoot but the calendar died because not enough people purchased them. The Police collage at Brahms Hill will let us do a photo shoot there for sure, one photo got into our Mag.

I agree with the complexity of the organisation - we need to start a story board - however it needs to be controlled by one person but available for all to see. All the information needs to be on the top page so we don't have to trawl through posting after posting. We need to nominate a project manager ASAP.

We need to think BIG

Get a few ROYALS on board. One is a helli pilot in Search and Rescue, this lot come in when the air ambulance can't manage.

Windsor castle - + all their other homes / castles.

Some of our postings are about raising money from Hoodies, the general public are where we need to looking, 10p of everyone is a lot more than a £1 from just us 600.

Robin must go to the British Grand Prix, how many entrances there are says how many bears there needs to be, one for each, chuck your loose change into a fishing keep on the way in and get them again on the way out!

The general public will never know we have more than 1 bear if they all look alike. May help us get him round so many venues.

Is Florin-metal -worker going to Stone henge on the 18th of June with a Bear sorry Robin? (The summer solstice).

We have St Johns castle on our doorstep.

Lunch calls me away, back later.

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Guest The Modfather

The idea of more than one bear is a very good idea, after all, how many Pudsey's are there? That way the problem with getting to venues and possible arguing over who has the bear for which event shouldn't be an issue. What do you thinks????

Alan, do you still have your contact at RFC? If so, can you get the wheels going on that?

What about contacting Build-a-bear and asking for some bears, FOC?

Ok guys here is where i am at so far. The bear I have spoken to steve or chairman and this is in hand. have spoken to one of the mags and have full support from them as well as deadline date. I am speeking to all the air ambulance charities this is on going at the moment. Please starting to arrange things for you area is great but please remember this is to be launched at stonleigh so think of dates after that also remember this is a 12 month even lets not sprint off and fall at the first of run out of steam by july. I am as excited about this as you guys and have spent quite some time over the last few days putting things in place please bear with me no pun meant

Guest Alan_builder
Ok guys here is where i am at so far. The bear I have spoken to steve or chairman and this is in hand. have spoken to one of the mags and have full support from them as well as deadline date. I am speeking to all the air ambulance charities this is on going at the moment. Please starting to arrange things for you area is great but please remember this is to be launched at stonleigh so think of dates after that also remember this is a 12 month even lets not sprint off and fall at the first of run out of steam by july. I am as excited about this as you guys and have spent quite some time over the last few days putting things in place please bear with me no pun meant

Phil, tis but 10 weeks to Stonleigh and we only have 51 weekends (2 Stoneighs and minus Christmas + New Year)

I propose Phil Shelton as project manager. Graham as assistant.

The Story board must start with out annual programme and be supplemented by regional events, British GP, NEC kit and racing car thing in late January. There are lots of fixed dates we cant move. EG the Lions club event at Uxbridge.

Stafford and Donnie clash so we must have 2 bears.

Just for starters

STONELEIGH SHOW KITCAR SHOW May 2-3

Motorexpo, Canary Wharf June 9-15

LeMans June 14-15 (race Date)

Stonehenge Summer Solstice

NEWARK SHOW KITCAR SHOW June 21-22 (19/20?)

2010 F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX. 09/10/11 JULY

Le Mans Classic 10-11 July (race Date)

Goodwood Festival of Speed July 11-13?

Uxbridge Show - July 20

British International Motor Show July 23-Aug 3

TAN HILL RUN (old Lion Run) RH CLUB RUN 29 July August 1st?

PETERBOROUGH SHOW (NEW) KITCAR SHOW August 7-8?

ZANDHOVEN SHOW (Belgium) KITCAR SHOW August 23-24

DONINGTON SHOW KTCAR SHOW September 13-14

STAFFORD SHOW (NEW) KICARS SHOW CLASH'S WITH DONNIE ABOVE!!!!!!!!!! September 13-14

Goodwood Revival Meeting September 19-21

EXETER SHOW KTCAR SHOW November 15-16

Easter Friday - Aldershot Classic car show

Sunday Monday - DETLING SHOW KITCAR SHOW April 12-13?

STONELEIGH SHOW KITCAR SHOW May ? and closing ceremony for Robin.

Now add in

British Touring Car Championship

date venue location

4/4/2010 BTCC Thruxton, Hampshire

25/4/2010 BTCC Rockingham, Northants

2/5/2010 BTCC Brands Hatch

6/6/2010 BTCC Oulton Park

20/6/2010 BTCC Croft Circuit

8/8/2010 BTCC Snetterton

22/8/2010 BTCC Silverstone

5/9/2010 BTCC Knockhill

19/9/2010 BTCC Donington Park

10/10/2010 BTCC Brands Hatch

(generated by showlister)

Any one into motor cycles?

Any major buildings, bridges, ships, hospitals, ? opening?

Any Events to mark the 2010 decade?

Phil, you need a lead organiser for each event?

I will back Daz393 & Chris N for Berkshire

Do we need a licence for the sweepstake for the glider ride?

How about a bear suit, then Robin can ride to an event in a car?