Round Britain Run For Charity

Guest gdc

list so far can we pick counties not towns for now guys we can look at towns as we move on thankyou

* Avon

* Bedfordshire................................GDC, qwerty

* Berkshire.....................................Daz393

* Borders........................................NeilD

* Buckinghamshire.............................DanDan

* Cambridgeshire...............................Chris brown ( also leman classic)

* Central

* Cheshire

* Cleveland

* Clwyd

* Cornwall

* County Antrim

* County Armagh

* County Down

* County Fermanagh

* County Londonderry

* County Tyrone

* Cumbria

* Derbyshire....................swan jnr, Shaft

* Devon.........................exeter show

* Dorset

* Dumfries and Galloway

* Durham

* Dyfed

* East Sussex

* Essex

* Fife

* Gloucestershire

* Grampian

* Greater Manchester

* Gwent

* Gwynedd County

* Hampshire................................. florin metal works

* Herefordshire

* Hertfordshire.............................zoomzoom

* Highlands and Islands

* Humberside

* Isle of Wight

* Kent

* Lancashire.........................................Mitch ( also to Le mans )

* Leicestershire....................................Phil shelton/Andi/andyspence

* Lincolnshire

* Lothian........................................NealD

* London .......................................Stevedohc2b/ dinger

* Merseyside

* Mid Glamorgan

* Norfolk

* North Yorkshire.....................Ian Marr

* Northamptonshire..................Dave R

* Northumberland

* Nottinghamshire....................Tim Norman, Shaft

* Oxfordshire

* Powys

* Rutland..................................Phil shelton / derek

* Shropshire.............................Enforcer

* Somerset

* South Glamorgan

* South Yorkshire.......................Mowerman

* Staffordshire...........................Jetskijase (to pass to mitch prior to leman)

* Strathclyde

* Suffolk

* Surrey -............................... Knock-on

* Tayside

* Tyne and Wear

* Warwickshire....................... national kit car show

* West Glamorgan

* West Midlands

* West Sussex

* West Yorkshire.....................Richard0 And leman 24 hour

* Wiltshire.............................. florin metal works

* Worcestershire

Thanx to all please keep going

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Modfather

It seems that the idea is fairly set to do a round Britian's Sights tour for this bear, but I can see a logistical nightmare to follow with regards to the route of the bear, and just how to arrange everyone that is willing to take part. As it appears to be open for ideas, how about each area of the club having the bear for a time period and seeing how many sites it can visit and how many miles it can travel, doing many different things in that time? The logistics will then be down to each area, rather than just a few people like GDC, with only two main areas of concern which will be the collection from the previous holder and the passing on to the next holder.

Each area controls it's own donation collection and this can include collecting donations at their monthly meetings to raise more money, and possibly doing other appearances at special events if they are happening at that time?

It would be more controlable and managable as each area sets its own path, as long as the bear is collected from the previous holder and is there to be handed to the new holder.

I also think that a Robin Hood dressed bear, simply named Robin, is more suitable for a RHOCaR charity collection, as someone has already said, take from those that can afford it and give to those that need it.

Regards

Each area arranging there on thing sounds good to me. Only things that may take the simplicity out of this is local air ambulance events tant we bay be should be at and if i can get any celebs on board as we would have to fit round them and no celebs reduces publicity and publicity will make this work so much better

Ideas for the areas to try. as well as photos at places of interest can each area try and get some one that is well known to make an appearance with the bear or get him to the local football team, getting the travel log signed :D also try and get the local newpaper radio and tv involved. can he make a visit to coronation street and eastenders sets. The more publicity we can get early on in the event the easier some of these things should be. this is a copy of one email i have been sending please feel free to use it lets make this thing BIG

Dear sir/madam

I am Phil Shelton the area secretary for robin hood owners club and register (www.rhocar.org). the club is planning a 12 month fund raiser for the air ambulance association. the event will take the format of a bear with a travel log traveling around the uk with the odd trip abroad ( leman classic and leman 24 hour). photos will be taken with the bear at sights of interest and if possible celebrities who would also be asked to sign the travel log. This event will raise funds for air ambulances through the uk. The event would start at the national kit car show Stoneleigh Warwickshire on 2nd/3rd may 2010 and end there 12 months later. In order to get the most out of the event we need as much publicity as possible and I was hopping that it could be publicized by you along with she show publicity it would also be nice if you could make a donation at the start to kick things off. I am hoping to get someone to make an appearance at the start, and have contacted agents of celebrities that have been involved in the charity in the past. Any help you can offer to make this a sucsess would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

yours sincerely

Phil Shelton

Leicestershire area secretary rhocar

0116 2811437

If we got the travel log signed by many celebs, think how much that would fetch at auction?

Think ill try Jordan and Peter ...........

Seriously though why not???

Dont know if thats ever been done before, however that would be a central cash pocket that would either need distributing or sent to a central air ambulance location if there is one.

This Bear could get reallllllly big

If we got the travel log signed by many celebs, think how much that would fetch at auction?

Think ill try Jordan and Peter ...........

Seriously though why not???

Dont know if thats ever been done before, however that would be a central cash pocket that would either need distributing or sent to a central air ambulance location if there is one.

This Bear could get reallllllly big

the air ambulance association is the association of all the air ambulances. I have said that we should let them distribute the money raised.

thanks for the input this going places now .

re the name i plump for robin , makes sence as said before in the vein of the origonal robin hood

and as that is our club , but this is not for me to choose its yours as the membership and those that get involved .

well done phil, he is like a whirlwind like a dog with a bone , crack on mate .

dinger dont matter to me if you have a seven on the road or not it will all help the cause .

sure we can find someone to help out with a car if needed

we are now into the real logistics of the thing .

bumper type stickers are poss rqd for sevens and road cars and vans ect .

any thing you can think of to up the profile .

re logistics of long distance hand overs , i dont see a prob involving a major courier co and post the bear if needed .

andi i like your thinking , go for it .

trying to negotiate a purchace of some small figures dressed as robin hood to poss be used as dashboard mascots

to signify participation in the fund raiser , trying to get a bulk buy price add a small ammount and the ballance to the charity ,dan dan and gemma your job i just voted you in for that ,also gemma can you talk to mk hospital with a view to

getting some pics when they arnt busy of the bear and the air ambulace ,

also thoughts about windsceen stickers ,

your thoughts ?

ideas as many as poss .

graham

Screen stickers showing support for the the event could be good

would you guys pay for them? say £2

dont know how much profit margin there is at that to go to the air ambulance maybe someone else can let me know

would have to have on it air ambulance, rhocar a bear and web giving details, any one good at design???