Round Britain Run For Charity

Guest gdc

hi guys and gals how about a round britain relay for charity,

it could take place over several months and finish at a large show for instance newark , with the rhocar

flags flying , it would be a great bit of plublicity for thje club , but also could raise a great deal of money for a couple of charities .

what are your thoughts ?????????????

graham

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qwerty_100
hi guys and gals how about a round britain relay for charity,

it could take place over several months and finish at a large show for instance newark , with the rhocar

flags flying , it would be a great bit of plublicity for thje club , but also could raise a great deal of money for a couple of charities .

what are your thoughts ?????????????

graham

As Graham said round Britain Relay with approx around 600 memebers ( I,m sure Steve will correct me at some stage) in many different parts of the country. It was an idea born out of some the Nothern Hoddies going on a trip around Scotish breweries last year. So lets say we start at Lands End and head up /around the country however we feel would be the best way. I feel each area should organise there own area and sponsership via friends,family local buisness and the press and ending up at one of the shows as Graham says. The only reason for breaking it down into regions is it will allow local members to do there fund raising and then hand over to the batton to the next area and would not put all the responsability on area secs committee members as they do so much for the club already although everyone would/will be more than welcome.

Juat some things fto think about Kev

we could have a fluffy thing , toy or whatever photographed in diffent locations .

lets inform total kit car and other kit mags and get some exposure , and raise both the profile of rhocar and in turn get sone money for charity .

graham

Sounds like a darn good idea to me.

A couple of guys here at work did the coast run in a week on motorbikes a year or so ago raising money for charity. They had bought and restored a little 125cc Honda (I think) to make it a bit more of a challenge and encourage people to part with their hard-earned.

Is anyone into geo-caching? I've not had a lot of experiance with it but from what I can remember there are websites where you can register a "travel-bug" and if the people who pick them up and move them log in and update their locations whilst the rest of the world can track them on a map. Maybe our "fluffy thing" could be a "travel-bug" - they often seem to be cuddly toys with a thing like a dog-tag with their ID.

Iain

Would this be additional to, or a replacement for the charitable donation that the club already makes? I'm all in favour of raising the clubs profile and I know that the club has made donations in the past, however if some sort of event is organised on a national level, could the donation be made to a charity having a national representation or alteratively a number of smaller local charities chosen by each area?

As far as publicity for the club goes, a number of smaller charities would be better as there would be an opportunity for the event to be covered in a number of local publications rather than just a national magazine.

Or as an alternative, use some of the clubs money that would normally go to charity, build a Zero, drive it around Britain and raffle it off at the end.

my own thoughts were for a simple pass the teddy , eg we buy a very large teddy dress it as robin hood for instance ,

then simply pass it between areas , if its a considerable distance and none can do the change over the simply send the bear by tnt .

yet another picture opertunity .bear with a tnt sticker ?

photo the bear wherever poss and construct an album mayby .

the odder the place the better .foot ball stadiums , fire stations . any where .

my thoughts would be as an addition to the club charity spend , help the heroes or any worthwhile charity .

in my view to be chosen by the areas participating, split up the donations equally for instance .and to area chosen charities .

we could ask stephen if he could sort out some oficial sponsership forms .sorry stephen to add to your work .

if not i have a local printer that could do it .

the idea of building a car and touring the country i dont think will fly

the club inmho will not risk the cost t

and of course should it be taken up then someone to run it and organise it .

more thoughts please .

graham

Guest mower man

I,could take it to the Major Oak [ supposedly the orig RH hiding place] it,s very close to me and then run it down to our Pres perhaps at Nottingham castle? let me know mower man :yahoo: :good: :crazy: :clapping:

Guest zoomzoom

Kidnap a bear and travel the country forcing him to pose for pictures :o :o :o

I,m calling the police ;)

Bears are people don't you know ;)

P.S If he makes it to london I could offer him a day on a tyre fitting van with Baxter and Spencer traveling to a few of the sights in london.

I could link nottingham to essex as i regularly travel down to my kids in frinton on sea could take the bear to the sea side and colchester castle perhaps.

As an idea on the robinhead bear we could get a bear made and dressed at "builder bear" maybe the bear could do a trip round loads of castles in the uk getting a pic of him and the car at each one ? and collecting taxes from the rich to give to the needy (charity) B)

so mr treasurer get your cheque book out !!!!!!!!!!!

we need a big bear , big enough to sit in a car and be seen ,

seems we also need a robin hood costume .

we can raffle the bear at the end of the year so could end up as a plus as well .

marcus lets hope your bears dont get jealous .

dont forget all ideas are good ones .

Sounds like a darn good idea to me.

A couple of guys here at work did the coast run in a week on motorbikes a year or so ago raising money for charity. They had bought and restored a little 125cc Honda (I think) to make it a bit more of a challenge and encourage people to part with their hard-earned.

Is anyone into geo-caching? I've not had a lot of experiance with it but from what I can remember there are websites where you can register a "travel-bug" and if the people who pick them up and move them log in and update their locations whilst the rest of the world can track them on a map. Maybe our "fluffy thing" could be a "travel-bug" - they often seem to be cuddly toys with a thing like a dog-tag with their ID.

Iain

ok i will admit to geocaching

yes you can do a trackable item

but you need to be registered with the site to be able to follow it

dave