Memeber

Guest tom-zero

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarkB

That made me curious to see what this was about so a quick search later ...

:)

Simon.

dont mention emissions either, or iva..... end of the day we all have a bicker now and again but end of the day all is forgotten once we get in our cars and go for a blat.

Guest T6 KFR

I have considered posting this question before.... This thread has prompted me:-)

Living in aberdeen with no shows up here i see very little reason in paying full membership, i feel the scottish guys miss out in what you have down south.

Guest MarkB

I have considered posting this question before.... This thread has prompted me:-)

Living in aberdeen with no shows up here i see very little reason in paying full membership, i feel the scottish guys miss out in what you have down south.

they ought to have some shows further north, i dont know why none of the event companies dont try one... there are plenty of huge show grounds around

they ought to have some shows further north, i dont know why none of the event companies dont try one... there are plenty of huge show grounds around

think it would have same problem as detling small catchment area and always rains :ph34r:

think it would have same problem as detling small catchment area and always rains :ph34r:

I disagree Phil, in my opinion, the biggest reason for a diminishing show is bad press. This leads to a lowering in the number of people prepared to chance going, which leads to more bad press, which leads to even greater numbers giving it a miss, and so it goes on!

Just saying.... =@ =@

Probably spelt it wrong & can't be bothered to correct; he was the guy who "proved" that exhausts suck & blow. I think that was the conclusion but it was another 5/6 pager & my attention span ran out at 3.

Probably spelt it wrong & can't be bothered to correct; he was the guy who "proved" that exhausts suck & blow. I think that was the conclusion but it was another 5/6 pager & my attention span ran out at 3.

Bob what were you told at school MUST PAY MORE ATTENTION go stand in the corner

I don't go to many shows either (just Stafford twice in the last 5 years, which frankly isn't much of a show in terms of the exhibitors) as I'm usually up in Wales at the weekends (not many shows in Wales either). However I'm more than happy to pay my membership as I go to as many of the mid-week monthly meets as I can and I'd like to think my membership goes some way towards supporting the upkeep of the website. The information and advice I get here has been invaluable and I think it's the best £15 I've spent on my car.

I'm not pointing fingers at any individuals and I won't be drawn into an argument (so if anyone is planning on baiting me then don't bother) but my view is this - the latest club magazine commented on the dwindling membership and my understanding is that the paid members only amount to around 10% of the forum membership. Granted a lot of people will sign up to the forum, visit a few times and then not bother again but there also seem to be good number who are happy to take the free advice or post thinly veiled adverts in non-classified posts.

I'd personally like to see the following:

The viewing of classified ads restricted to paid up members for maybe a week to give them first dibs before they go on general view (additional incentive to join).

Non-paid up members to have their post counts restricted, maybe locked out after 50 posts. Most people would take a while to run up 50 posts - if you're on here that much it wouldn't exactly hurt to join the club.

GBSC to pay for a years membership with every new kit they sell - £15 isn't a huge dent in the profit margin on a £5k kit and the club does plenty to promote the GBSC product.

New memberships to start from joining date and be available at a reduced price. People buying kits in the latter part of the year won't bother joining if they only get 3 months membership for their £15.

Ideally I'd like to raise some of these points at the AGM and if I can get there, I will. The club (and the forum in particular) are a valuable and at times under-rated resource. As long as the upkeep of the forum is financed by the club I think it's important that the link between the two isn't forgotten otherwise we'll be in danger of loosing both.

Guest mower man

16 quid is peanuts I have in the last couple of years not been to as many shows etc as I would have liked through various probs ,membership saves me 10% on my ins ,gives full acsses to the site ,has introduced me to a pile of new buddies ,provided much info and great entertainment!,I understand the lack of shows point and am well placed for most of the majors ,Stoneleigh,Donnington ,Newark etc but couldn't you scottish lads try and band up and may be create asmall show ?,I msure there are motor clubs etc up there who would help,guide you . You only get out what you are willing or able to put in--sorry if this treads on toes but it's true as many others hope fully will back me up ! .My thoughts and ops only mower man [mick]

Guest Ian & Carole

£16.00 well spent IMHO.

Just renewed insurance and with member discount including £15.00 admin fee :aggressive: £96.87 fully comp., 3K. miles.

Well done Frank Pickles.