What Was New At Stoneleigh?

Longboarder

It is possible to walk sideways...

I think that reference means me :) !

I managed to get round most of the stands, but they were all selling the usual stuff.

I tried to get some resistors for the LED flash rate and found some - but WHAT a price !

I eventually went back to eBay to order 2 for less money than this seller wanted for ONE :) - INCLUDING postage !

Finally the rain set in on Monday and a lot had left before the rain so I set off around 10am as well.

Very good turnout on the Sunday and I was made very welcome as a novice attendee. Thanks to everyone :)

Simon.

Excellent idea Phillip, can I reserve a tent spot near the event shelter please as we like to be in ear shot of our tent with having the 2 mini me's

Yes no problem will park where you are going to pitch or if you get there early enough you can help put them up :pardon: :pardon:

Guest old git racer

I went and this was my first visit to stoneliegh, a saunter through the old boy's club where everyone new each other and tended to ignore any one they didn't recognise. Not many of you are very talkative with people who would have liked to ask questions, thanks. I did manage to nick a few pictures of things i wanted to ask questions about so I think I will be able to build what I have. Thanks to the people who did speak and offer some comments, and converation it was much appreciated. More information was collected from hoodies who were on other club stands, a bit odd I thought.

As for the show GBS stand yet another meeting point for the old boys club, felt like a lingering bad smell standing around trying to attrect attention. I would have thought the organisers were dissappointed with the turn out with all the gaps in the halls and display areas. I was though very taken by the Road Runner SR2 and the readiness of the guys on the stand to have a chat and run you through thier products. MEV were good as well liked the display and the build demo.

As a sum up I was dissapointed and will probably give Newark and the rest a miss, and just carry on with my own thing.

I went and this was my first visit to stoneliegh, a saunter through the old boy's club where everyone new each other and tended to ignore any one they didn't recognise. Not many of you are very talkative with people who would have liked to ask questions, thanks. I did manage to nick a few pictures of things i wanted to ask questions about so I think I will be able to build what I have. Thanks to the people who did speak and offer some comments, and converation it was much appreciated. More information was collected from hoodies who were on other club stands, a bit odd I thought.

As for the show GBS stand yet another meeting point for the old boys club, felt like a lingering bad smell standing around trying to attrect attention. I would have thought the organisers were dissappointed with the turn out with all the gaps in the halls and display areas. I was though very taken by the Road Runner SR2 and the readiness of the guys on the stand to have a chat and run you through thier products. MEV were good as well liked the display and the build demo.

As a sum up I was dissapointed and will probably give Newark and the rest a miss, and just carry on with my own thing.

so sorry you felt that way all i can say is but in and introduce your self we are a welcoming group but we oly see each other about 4 times a year so have lots to catch up on. I for one would not have ignored you if you had introduced your self to me all I can say is you need to say hi to us and we will be frindly and talk to you

Plus one for Phils reply above Mr Racer.

We get loads of people, and i mean loads, who don't want a conversation or information as they're merely

perusing the cars at leisure. A smile as they amble by is the norm and we carry on chatting as they look around.

If people want to talk, Speak! Butt in! Kick me in the shin! anything other than hanging around waiting for a chance to speak, as this is hard to distinguish from the types i described above.

Please don't be put off and do approach us at Newark, we are a friendly bunch, honest!

To be part of the "Old Boys Club" one must first be a new boy.... :db:

Nick.

strangely enough i felt the same 5yrs ago, now i have loads of good mates. as phil said say hello or butt in I Did , none of us bite, the road runner u liked is terrys (one if us) if he was there im sure he spoke to you. if i was guilty of ignoring u i can only appolgise. as with most things in life u get out of it what u put in to it.. join us at newark for a beer and a chat..

This was also my first ever time attending and camping over with the kit car and I was also unsure what to expect. I needn't have worried as everyone was very friendly and everyone helped out whenever they could. Even I managed to help repair the BBQ after it had taken some damage (and ended up flipping burgers for everyone :) )

And, after all that, I'll probably end up at Newark as well (hopefully someone else can flip burgers :) )

Simon.

I felt the same the first time I went along, but you have to introduce yourself and, in time, people will get to know you. You can't expect them to welcome you with open arms if they don't know who you are. I tend to be a bit shy and insular around new people and I am happy to do my own thing, but the guys and gals in RHOCaR have always been friendly and welcoming.

Guest zoomzoom

Can't report on what is new from the show as I had lacrosse practice in the morning and needlepoint and home economics in the afternoon.

I understand the feeling that 'old git racer' experience it was very similar on my first visit a 3 years ago. Also very similar at regional events, and with any group events outside of work and Rhocar. For some, it is easy to talk to anybody for others it is difficult. I spend a few nights a week working away from home and will talk to anybody in the bar, restaurants or car park it doesn't bother me.

We need more members; maybe we as a club need to be more welcoming, the Rhocar lanyards was a good idea to show newbies who we are but how many actually put them on. Maybe the committee member's should wear a pink shell suit to stand out in the crowd....... only joking but something to let newbies know who you are.

Guest peter2b2002

took me ages to get to know the guys up here and at shows, just look at there cars and ask questions now I know loads of other hoodies by sight but names???? gettiing old git my self

peter2b

ps go to your local club meet each month best thing I ever did

Guest alfaGTA

Strangely i remember posts similar to this last year about people feeling left out and ignored by the club but generally i find around the club cars parked up on the stand you have to get stuck in if something interests you.... I had a stroll across to Westfield and GTM, now that was clicky! As has been said if you have made the effort by talking to people and have been shot down or blanked then fair enough but remember we are a big club and peoples attitudes are all different.

On another note i thought the show was quieter than normal and had no bother getting to rally design for the bits i wanted whereas normally its a scrum to get served.