Donington Kit Car Show

Guest steve8274

Yeah, flying visit for me too ... no passenger this time so at least it was free to get in, although a tad annoying having to queue at the entrance to the club area. If this was the great re-launch for the Donington show then sadly it didn't deliver. The show hall wasn't very impressive and a low number of stalls. I recall there used to be a huge marquee tagged on to the exhibition hall for numerous other stalls ... not any more. Watching a few Mk II Fiestas charge clumsily around a bit of the track passed a little while, but I didn't stay long. Good effort by the club though; easily the most organised, professional and well-attended set up of all marques ... well done everyone.

Hi all I have to agree very poor show in general no auto jumble just think that for the first show after all the ups and downs of the developments that have been done, then the in field at the least should have had the long grass cut and made to look a lot better. To me it has been ruined to how it was hope that in can be improved for the future or I will not be going again,

Best part was the club stand had a good chat to a couple of members and brought an alternator bracket from one. Well done club stand good support from all members attending.

maca

Not long got back, weather held nicely. Don't go with expectations of stoneleigh. Small indoor exhibition hall, not many manufacturers there and auto jumble was also small. Took the family but little for them to do, enjoyed the racing immensely. Glad I got discounted tickets in advance. I'm sure feedback will be listened to and hope improvements for next year. Hope it's dry and sunny for all tomorrow.

nobody got any pics? not sure wether to make the trip tomorrow. I only want to go to the RH owners area get a few look at some builds.Are you saying thats free if i dont go in the hall? Even in the tintop?

Guest mower man

I don't reallly know what you guys expect !!! it's CKC 's first show and nothing is perfect I was there from just after 8 am and yes stands are a bit sparce but these things take time to build so don't kill it .I was busy most of the day and didn't get to the club area which I hope to today and see alot more Hoods mower man

Went yesterday,was dissapointed at the ammountof exhibitors but thought being able to watch the racing was excellent,had a good look around the RHOCAR vehicles was disapointed that the members I saw were not in a very sociable mood and not interested in anything only chatting among themselves.I did speak to the only person I recognised who seemed totally uninterested. POSTED SUNDAY PM

Went down Friday afternoon and just got back Sunday afternoon. Cracking show with plenty of chit chat during the evenings at the camp site.

Ok, so it was their first show and the could have been some things done differently but it was well worth going to even if the number of stalls wasn't great this time around.

If more people attend, this could develop into another Stoneleigh or Newark show. They have space to expand into.

The Heritage section was interesting seeing the first models of kit cars and what started it all off.

Don't dismiss it and let it become another Stafford but give it a chance.

Simon.

• Like 1

For those of you that go to a show on a Saturday then come home and post on here that it was not up to your expectations. How the hell do you think the show organizers are ever going to build a show when you bunch of idiots are putting people off going on the Sunday. this is the firs show put on by the magazine and I think they did a fantastic job, yes there were short falls but auto jumble ETC is thing that they want to bring to the show. Stoneleigh is a long established show and was built up over a number of years, this was done when there was no internet so a few short sighted idiots could not help to bring a show to its knees over a short period by posting on forums like this. Instead of posting negatives why not post the positives or better still not at all.

• Like 1

Guest jetskijase

was very impressed with show as a whole, well organised and the hall was no bigger or smaller then say newark but still 100000 times better then stafford!! and the organisers have asked lots of questions to take on board for next year, i think this is going to be a huge show, as stoneleigh hasnt got the race track action, (mr2's battling it out was great fun, quote of the day was " we will move onto the next race as soon as they have cleared up the mr2's from the track!!!"

decent turn out of club stands and will only get bigger.

Went yesterday,was dissapointed at the ammountof exhibitors but thought being able to watch the racing was excellent,had a good look around the RHOCAR vehicles was disapointed that the members I saw were not in a very sociable mood and not interested in anything only chatting among themselves.I did speak to the only person I recognised who seemed totally uninterested

It has been said on here many times after shows all I can say is those of us in the gazebo on the stand are there for you to come and chat to so just interrupted. I can assure you that we dont bite