Rhocar Takes 1St Place At Hollowell Steam Show

philshelton

Hollowell may have been a wet start and field a little muddy all weekend but is one of the best shows I have ever been to, and to top it all off we won best car club stand :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

DSCF1404.JPG

DSCF1429.JPG

• Like 1

A fantastic end to a fantastic weekend.

As Jethro said, a wet (very) start and muddy field

only had a quick shower Sat and a short Heavy shower

on Sun.

The camping / club stand wasn't muddy or particularly wet

so the mud only affected the main walkways around the stands.

Defiantly worth going next year as a club again, but this is a fantastic

show for the family to attend so hopefully we can get even more of

our club there next year.

Guest emmab

We had a fantastic weekend, we will be there next year, can't think of a better why to spend my birthday. Thank you to everyone who made it a weekend to remember and of course special thanks to Phil and Richard. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Guest MarkB

+1 on the above posts, ignoring the kit car bit... this show had it all, from tarantulas to huge American lorrys, it is what i remember shows being like when i was a kid, the people who put this show together really have thought about the public, so many variations of food available (pastys to cantonese) so many different trade stands selling virtually everything from nails to cars, there was a lot of fairground rides for the kids (and adults :db: ), the bit i thought was brilliant was the entertainment provided, there were bands all over the grounds playing every style of music, numerous entertainers walked around doing their bit, we missed the Robot performance which was reported as being fantastic, there was a stage performer (setup next to the Rhocar stand) who was just brilliant, performed magic and various stunts, an old school entertainer, the kids and adults loved his shows, besides the rides all the entertainment was free, myself and Dan invented a new sport to give some entertainment back.....but..... it was frowned upon by some :sorry: .

To conclude:

This show is a well organised, perfect weekend away... with or without the family.... we were unfortunate to have the weather cause numerous problems to the show, but, the show still went on and was a great success.

As above many thanks to Richard, his dad, the Hollowell steam club and of course our Phillip for making it all happen

Mark, I know you were on about having dirty weekend, not what Emma had in mind me thinks (with all that mud),.... :rofl: :rofl:

Sound like a damn good show. Really miffed I missed it. Had the Sr2 picked uptoday getting it's final pre-IVA shakedown.

Will definately be there next year though :clapping: :clapping:

Guest MarkB

Mark, I know you were on about having dirty weekend, not what Emma had in mind me thinks (with all that mud),.... :rofl: :rofl:

Sound like a damn good show. Really miffed I missed it. Had the Sr2 picked uptoday getting it's final pre-IVA shakedown.

Will definately be there next year though :clapping: :clapping:

Couldnt have been dirtier, mud fights, rolling around in the grass, getting dirty on top of steam engines....... not one of these things included Emma :sorry: :sorry:

Guest MarkB

Hope you were Gentle on Dan and Nick... :bad: :bad: :rofl: :rofl:

mud fights with Dan is one thing, rolling around in the grass and being mounted by Nick was a disturbing event........ i couldnt out run him.... damn angina!! :80: :80:

Well, after another year's rally, I've just arrived home. The reason for me returning today and not on tuesday as planned is because my gran is a bit poorly and me being back home means that my dad can return back to the rally site and help with the driving of the big heavy machinery (he rushed home this morning when we heard gran was poorly)!

It was really really good to see the RHOCAR lad and lasses having such a good time at the event that I love so dearly and look forward to each year above everything else. It says it all when a bunch of kit car people state that the rally is even better than Stoneleigh!

The rain on thursday and Friday slowed the rally down a little, but the show must go on! Saturday and Sunday were cloudy / sunny, warm, and only a couple of showers (I'v got sun burn). In my eyes it was almost a completely dry weekend although muddy because of the weather prior to the weekend (the mud had nearly dried out by Sunday).

Because of the rain leading up to the rally knackered the ground, we didn't get to move the traction engines. I was really gutted about this because I was looking forward to getting you all on the road run and letting you loose "behind the wheel" having a go at driving the engines! Never mind.....somate new for you to look forward to next year.

The Hollowell crew send their thanks for your help with Kingfisher and Rebel (our two traction engines). On saturday, Nick raised steam in Rebel and Jethro & John did the same on Kingfisher. Everyone got to have a play with the engines, helped polish them and then covered them up at night.

A few last comments.....

MG club want their 1st place title back.....so you've got some competition now!

We are so sorry about little-hitler on the gate. As explained, he was a new helper who answer a "help wanted" add in the paper and he turned out to be the wrong man for the job (not coming again). On the plus side tho, as well as being "chinned" on thursday, he got his foot run over by a lowloaded this afternoon (no damage as his foot just sank into the mud....but still pmsl at the look on his face).

Hollowell crew send their best regards and look forward to see you all next year, plus some new faces!!

Guest MarkB

It was an honour Rich, the MG club rep came over and congratulated us on winning, his exact words were " did you win best club stand, we came second, i would have been very disapointed if somebody else besides Rhocar had won it", he was a really nice chap. The bar is now set..... we need that award again. I have got to say, if any Rhocar members like recieving plaques/tokens from shows like newarks little stcker plaques..... you will absolutly love the Hollowell plaques that all exhibitors get.... they are proper metal errmm things... pic to follow!

all the best to your gran Richard and thanks to your dad for my right arm aching after being ordered to stoke the fire up :aggressive:

just a little note to add to above, was a fantastic weekend really enjoyed it and great event for families as tons of stuff to do. Comment from wife who arrive midday sunday "thought is was just another car show which are boring for none kit car owners, did not realise there would be so much there should have got here earlier"

Jake really enjoyed it but did not like the whistle on the traction engine unlike his dad.