Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

Lowlife if People don't want to do something what the feck is that to do with rhocar ? Shall rhocar force its members to attend your overprice track days that get advertised last min so no one can attend. You want a track day sort it through javelin and go if others want to attend they will.

Where do you get the idea membership is in decline over 500 by the end of last year which is stable...

Membership fees --- do you use/enjoy any part of the whole club output which costs money? Magazine,forum,BBQ & food. gazebos,trips/events arranged by club members? If answer is YES please pay your subscription,if NO then don't pay & hopefully the club will survive & you will be able to continue enjoying all that remains freely available.

• Like 1

Guest Lowlife

Lowlife if People don't want to do something what the feck is that to do with rhocar ? Shall rhocar force its members to attend your overprice track days that get advertised last min so no one can attend. You want a track day sort it through javelin and go if others want to attend they will.

Where do you get the idea membership is in decline over 500 by the end of last year which is stable...

I seem to remeber you attending said overpriced trackdays, breaking down after after 3 laps and putting a so called Westfield on a trailer!!!

No one is even contemplating forcing anyone into anything!!!! I do hope with this attitude you are not running for a senior role within the club

I have paid membership therefore my opinion is valid. I respect yours please have the decency in return.

I seem to remeber you attending said overpriced trackdays, breaking down after after 3 laps and putting a so called Westfield on a trailer!!!

OUCH

No one is even contemplating forcing anyone into anything!!!! I do hope with this attitude you are not running for a senior role within the club

DOUBLE OUCH!!!!!

Guest Lowlife

Yep exactly as promoted on here, and my "so called Zero" drove there did a full day of hard driving and drove back!!

Anyway point is I am no criticizing anyone for doing what they want to do merely trying to open things up a tad

I have paid membership therefore my opinion is valid. I respect yours please have the decency in return.

1st off my day cost £99 not + the gbs add on, my car turned up on a trailer not just left on the trailer as i can afford a nice trailer to use. looking at the way you drive mate you might want to concider a trailer on that said day did u not get on the gas to early and spin out? looking at your youtube videos you might want tobuy life insurance aswell . didnt take you long to personal did it ?

now now boys..put the handbags away..getting personal is bang out of order. So far ive been to a few shows and not used the gazebo,been to a few meets and a few blasts..for 15 quid im happy. Its about the bigger picture

Guest Lowlife

Yep £99 so no GBS add on (don't know where that came from, have life insurance but with self preservation issues. You won't be coming to play with me then? Don't recal any spinning, have done once at Blyton trying too hard but you weren't there.

See you at the next one, hopefully

Enough guys lets not send this thread down. The taking part in track days is a personal choice, in current times some of us can't afford to throw £200 on a day playing. There are lots of events I would love to do and 5 years ago would of but I have got to pay the bills before I can play and this is the case for many, great if you can afford to do a track day a month or drive round the uk and the alps I would love to but can't afford to so don't have a rant at us for not taking part in what you are doing

Guest boggybogstar

So back on topic then, what do I get for my £15??

Yes I am probably looking for financial incentives if Im blunt, but for people on here - NOT ME, incentives to get people to meet and greet and do whatever they want (it doesnt have to be a blat) and although I organise or post runs theyre not MY runs (did that sound right?), they become OUR runs, ie the clubs, especially if folks see value.

OK, finance bit again, sorry guys, shoot me if you want ....... 500 members paying £15 = £7500 per year, plus sponsorship from the some of the sponsors on the front page .....

Please dont shoot me about this, i really do think some have misunderstood, but i will continue to organise stuff regardless of any benefits, all Im saying is that could an activity (doesnt have to be one I do) be sponsored, if so how?

PS -not all of my posts have been about money Mr Marky B :-), as a paid up member Im just expressing an opinion - pleeeeeaasase keep it constructive

Guest Rallyreason

I have been following this thread since it started. Some of the points raised are very interesting.

I was surprised to hear that there is 1 person that seems to have ownership of the forum. I was under the impression (assumed) it was the clubs forum?

After all without the club, no forum.

I joined this club/forum October time 2012, then again 2013. Yes it would be nice if the membership was 12 months rather than how it is at present.

Also being very new to the kit car scene i have not had chance yet to take advantage of any of the events, local meets etc. Therefore i can not comment. I have been in other car clubs (depending on what vehicle i have had ownership at the time) and Yes i enjoyed organised shows but local meets never really seemed to do it for me.

I have found the this forum generally very helpful( the same as other forums that everyone can get access to)

Back to benefits, i have named one above,' The forum", but i can get that for free if i choose.

Other items that would be of great interest to me are:

- Improved Trader Discounts

- Group buys

- Track days to suit all pockets and experience (only driven car a few miles so far)

- Some trips/tours of the UK or further if there are enough takers?. I am sure local people in remote area's would like to help out here?

I appreciate that the above is "my" interests and may not appeal to everyone.

Guest Kennedy48

I pay my £15 ayesr to support the club. I own a hood and I read through the forum. The club does no benifit to me. I don't go to the club meets as I find sitting in a pub talking cars just bores me. (Nothing to do with the Poeple) I have been to many kit car shows and had alook around the rhocar stand but don't bother trying to start conversation as ended up being blanked as something funny is happening and this persons doesn't want t miss out. Also I have to travel a few hours to any show and want to look around the cars, not sit In a tent and miss the main reason I came for. Tracks days I havnt been to. Not interested as can't afford them. UK road trips and Euro trips. Would love to. Can't get time off work, don't have enough spare money and the time I do get I wat to spent with my family. I enjoy on a Sunny day going out for drives. I don't need sponsorship for a blat out. Being followed by a few guys with trumpets and having 12 ft flags on my car to promote the club.

I enjoy reading the posts and being part of a club but why are grown men fighting over something so petty. Take a step back and get in your cars or your garages and just have fun like what everyone else wants to do. I'm doing my bit by supporting the club and paying my fees even if there is a benifit or not