Distance Between Clips/fixings/rivets Etc

WallerZ

What are the current rules on these things? I've seen blogs of people putting clips etc on stating the distance and being well within the tolerances/more than enough for the IVA. I've had a quick whip through and couldn't see anything for panel fixings? Or have I skipped it completely?

Also, with a Zero, do we have to take the basic or normal IVA?

IVA manual is ambiguous using words like "adequate" rather than specifying values. As Bob says, start with 300mm for brake and fuel lines and then see if additional clips are needed anywhere in between to provide additional support.

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=34047&&do=findComment&comment=256742

I think mine were about 6" spacing for brake pipes.

I've heard that too many is a fail as well as too few. Make sure that the pipes when going round corners have adequate spacing and do not rub on any part of the body.

Oh, and evenly space them apart and make it look neat and tidy. Any scruffiness will not only be frowned upon, but will also make the inspector take a harder look for anything else.

Simon.

Bah, 6" is easier to count than 150mm :)

I don't know my 32 thou of an inch though and find metric easier then !

And, yes, I remember the brass thr'penny bit when I was still at junior / infants :) I'm extremely grateful that the old LSD system went before I really knew it !

Simon.

Does IVA still state that acceptable methods as used by main stream manfacturers? or something along those lines. I.e if ford tapes the wires to the floor inside the car then that is an acceptable fixing. I believe you can also run wires through conduit and you'd therefore not have to clip the wire as it is being supported.

As said though overkill isn't a bad option. Clips are cheap and will ensure you a pass and piece of mind.

good luck

Bah, 6" is easier to count than 150mm :)

I don't know my 32 thou of an inch though and find metric easier then !

And, yes, I remember the brass thr'penny bit when I was still at junior / infants :) I'm extremely grateful that the old LSD system went before I really knew it !

Simon.

I do pounds shillings and pence as well as decimal

I do yards feet and inches as well as CM & MM

I do silver based photography as well as digital

Quite lucky really

Can't do rods chains and poles or bushels, grains and pecks

But can fathom fathoms although I dived in meters

• Like 1