Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

Guest 2b cruising

Now the sweating and worrying really hits home.

Well done in taking the massive step and the very best of luck to you.

May any problems be little ones.

No it's a vintage singer, was Sarah's grandmothers!

I've painted the seat mount and spreader plates and fitted the harness lap belt mounts so everything is ready to fit the passenger seat and harness tomorrow.

Guest 2b cruising

Forgot the action shot!

09CC89A3-53AB-4DD1-8B26-A14F1AFEBC0A.jpg

at least you've gat Sarah a modern machine to use. As Richy b says. They fit like a glove.

Behind every good kit car there's a good woman.

Bit more progress today.

Passenger seat and harness fitted.

F2748A33-81A2-4E30-95D3-045CA6C54165.jpg

Only thing left to do on the interior is finish the dash wiring and then carpet/cover the underside of the dash.

Made a DB killer out of a knackered hole cutter, absolutely amazing the difference this has made, still not sure if I will pass noise but time will tell.

846895FC-9F27-4CEC-B747-876F98354125.jpg

Sarah sat in the car last week and I got her to try the brakes so I could check for any flex in the pedal box, and there was the tiniest amount flex in the opposite side to the one I added the brace to, so added another brace on the other side.

F1FA4CE7-06FC-4B6C-966D-599928265981.jpg

Remembered I hadn't swapped the offside top ball joint to the shorter one and half nut, so did that, and discovered the tube it screws into isnt threaded all the way in and so will only go in this far

2B2DA436-5B46-433B-80D7-F37D4884F38F.jpg

versus the other side which is set this far in and gives approx 0.5 - 1 degree negative camber

93E2F716-5DB1-4E1E-AA14-76C70307F928.jpg

I also spent some time on the dash wiring and dash set up. I need to extend the wiring for the temp sensor, but it fits in the OE position so thats good. I cant get a consistent reading on the tacho, it is fine at idle but apply some revs and it just stops reading. I need to swap from the oil pressure sensor that was fitted back to a normal pinto oil pressure switch (any one got one spare?) and I still need to fit the speed sensor.

Getting there...