Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

Ella me Duck. About your steering. When you hit full lock is it solid or slightly spongy. If the tester feels as though it is not metal on metal, he could fail it.

Just my thoughts that's all.

I'll get the front in the air and try it again tomorrow but it felt solid.

Good day on the car today. I checked the steering lock and is firm as you would expect, no spongyness so happy it is ok.

So since writing the list of outstanding jobs on Thursday I have achieved quite a lot, and I think the best way to summarise it is by good old crossing out the ones I have done!

Finish paint - Some areas require flatting back and repainting

Pedal box cover - Need to make up a top and side panel

Replace coil - The car is running a new coil, I just need to undo the fixing on the old one and replace with the new one

Remove speedo cable as it is now redundant

Replace handbrake cable

Wire in speed sensor and water temp sensor

Secure underdash wiring and cover underdash area

Change rev limiter on Stealth Blackbox (currently 4k which was something to do with testing a tacho)

Battery bracket - The box I bought was no good so need to secure battery to the bulk head

P-clips - need to add a couple of p-clips to brake lines near the master cylinder

Swap sumps - I have a standard sump on at the moment and a shortened one to go one, ideally I'd swap these before IVA but its last on the list as I can make it there and back on the standard one.

So very close now! Got a busy week this week but going to try and get out there a couple of evenings and get things finished off and take and post some pre-iva photos for you to spot anything I've missed!

Have you tried calling Swansa.

They have always been great to me.

I usually phone off peak.

I have but only to be told they are now up to applications paid on 03rd March. My online application has been received an paid for, I'm just in the queue to have it signed off and passed to the test station.

DVSA still only processing applications received on the 03rd so at least another week to go until I even get my date!

1.5 weeks on, they are now processing the 04th Going on that basis they'll process mine 30th April...