Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

Doesnt help that when you call to chase the idiots on the phone tell you the wrong things. First person I spoke to today told me they are processing the 18th! When I queried why mine wasnt done in that case she didnt understand what I meant, she actually couldnt comprehend that the 9th was before the 18th and so mine should have been done if the 18th was right. Eventually spoke to another lady there called Andrea who was brilliant ad actually understood what she was talking about. She was more optimistic with her predictions but still reckoned it would be 2 weeks until my application gets processed.

Guest 2b cruising

What exactly do they get paid to do. Is it to process stuff or to place,things on a list of order.

People sorting a processing programme!! This must take up more time than people processing.

Passport office started moving without problems when offered a bonus.

From my experience of people in the civil service work to rule all the time.

Absolutely no sense of urgency.

This of course excludes all the emergency services. If IDS gets his way, even all these services won't be civil service for to much longer anyway. Just beware all you (cam-followers).

Here endeth today's rant.

They keep going on about cost saving....how about employing circus chimps that are learning to read and write? Bananas are cheaper than the minimum wage! And there's no minimum banana legislation!

Efficiency and processing times wouldn't be affected, communication could go either way, but essentially the cost saving would be incredible!

Guest 2b cruising

They keep going on about cost saving....how about employing circus chimps that are learning to read and write? Bananas are cheaper than the minimum wage! And there's no minimum banana legislation!

Efficiency and processing times wouldn't be affected, communication could go either way, but essentially the cost saving would be incredible!

Now that is just so unfair. No way we should downgrade chimps by taking them out of parliament and putting them into such belittling positions.

No way would the PM move to Wales to carry on making their tea, and peeling their food.

Guest 2b cruising

Having worked for a labour run council the sooner certain things are privatised the better off we will all be

are you not old enough to remember how the roads had few pot holes. Streets were always clean and foxes couldn't tear bins apart and throw the rubbish all over the place. Even low grade workers had fair pensions. I could go on but let's leave Ducks blog for interesting stuff eh.

Guest 2b cruising

Bob. The three day weeks were Mad mags doing. Had a good time as well. Even the army had three day weeks. We could all relax as we knew no wars would start on our days off.

DVSA would be useless regardless of who was in the hot seat so enough of the politics ;-)

I spent a bit of time just adding nut covers etc tonight to bits I had missed. There are a couple of jobs left on the list but they all require me getting it on ramps and we haven't really had the weather for me to get it out the garage and in the air.

Guest Boost

Not been on here for ages, just rejoined and read your whole thread from start, took me 3 bottles of Old Perculier!!

Top work, I really must uncover mine and get on with it!