Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

Just a quick update. The car is back together, all wiring sorted and now just need to sort out the carb jetting and ignition timing. Will be making a call to Steve walford on Monday to see if I can get the car to him before IVA. Failing that I'll order some jets and have a go at setting it up my self.

They won't even quote me due to age...

I noticed you're 19 Alex, I got insurance from Crossby Insurance when I was 21, so might be worth a call?

Is it your first time looking to insure? I had it insured for a year and found it a little easier to get quotes this time round, but still face the same old "Sorry, we don't insure under 25s". Best excuse I had first time round was that I had no rear-wheel drive experience and told to buy and insure a BMW Z4 for 12 months!

Guest 2b cruising

The old way for younger people to get Insurence was to do it in the parents name.

The way to do it now is to do it in your own name. Putting your parents as named drivers.

It usually works out a lot cheaper than just your own name, or in parents name.

The old way for younger people to get Insurence was to do it in the parents name.

The way to do it now is to do it in your own name. Putting your parents as named drivers.

It usually works out a lot cheaper than just your own name, or in parents name.

I asked about this, adding parents or named drivers just added to the cost like another policy rather than reducing it. Even on my MX5 is was more expensive to add people.

Edited by WallerZ

Guest 2b cruising

They probably got wise to it.

I've just completed that phase of life's experiences with my two youngster, and it worked for both until they reached the fine old age of 25.

Guest 2b cruising

Adrian Flux with mine. £124.

Didn't know of there renewals without consent policy, even though I paid for full year I don't like the idea.

I will be comparing a plan next year.

Guest peter2b2002

flux just quoted me £145 for my 2b yet my z3 is the same cost and strangely my Mondeo is also the same all with different companies just waiting for a plan to get back with their quote

peter2b

• 2 weeks later...

So due to the current torrential rain, and the forecast that this is to continue all tomorrow morning I won't be driving to my IVA :(

Instead I am going with plan b and will be picking up a transporter at 6am in the morning.