Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

So the weber 34 is back on and engine running. Unfortunately didn't have time to do anything else today but at least unknown I can start and move the car now.

The dellortos will go back on before IVA as whichever carb i fit they need setting up properly so might as well be the dellortos.

Guest mower man

Been rooting through some old paper work and have found a pile of stuff from DVA[ dave andrews] re selection and tuning of del -ortos would you like it if so pm your address and I snail mail it FOC mower man :crazy: :clapping:

I have been through the stuff on his site already. I think it will be cheaper as easier in the end to just get it done at aldon or similar, and refitting the single weber is just to aid moving car in and out and of cause onto trailer at so e poibt. Thanks though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE

Nothing has changed other than the garage has for more untidy... But, this is going to change. I have just sat andase a list of what's left to do. I am now going through it to plan what I am going to do, and what I am going to call on the amazing members of the midlands area to help out with, and then tomorrow, I will be starting on... Well tidying up so I can work in the garage more easily.

2014 is the year this S7 gets a number plate!

• Like 3

Oh and one of the many times I got distracted from sorting things out and faffed about with other things I tried this. I really like it so might be going for a mild version of the steamer look...

0A4BC6F3-AF5A-4EA0-96E7-B81EF8A7B31C.jpg

470BC237-550F-4A1E-8E3C-A6CB730964BE.jpg

Edit to add: all the mess visible has been correctly tidied away now!

I really really like it! But then I suppose I would ;)

Word of caution though...............make sure it is set at the correct angle.................nowt to do with downforce......but to prevent the buggers at the shows using it as a beer table!!!!

• Like 2

Guest chris brown

I really really like it! But then I suppose I would ;)

Word of caution though...............but to prevent the buggers at the shows using it as a beer table!!!!

I thought that's what you fitted it for.:-) :-)

Nipped out today and fixed the wiring to the rear light cluster (the driving light and brake light wires were the wrong way round) and replaced the lenses as well because one was damaged. Didn't have time to get on and do much else but did measure up and mark out the parts I need to make for bracing the steering column support.

Finished making the support for the steering column bracket and fitted it today. its improved matters but still some flex so may need to make another to go across the other side, which I thought might be the case.

Also sorted out the black bolts for securing the aero screen properly so secured that.

Lastly, my IVA ok steering wheel arrived, smaller than a sierra one but bigger than my mountney, which I have fitted as well.

24B8CD8B-9805-48B0-B9E2-33C7CC86BDB6.jpg

Not a lot done as I had to prepare the Clio for its new owner to collect this morning but a couple of jobs off the list. As long as I can keep knocking little jobs off it won't be long until I'm getting the final bigger bits done.