Engine Electrical Problem

richardm6994

I need to do the thanking Simon, you walked in as I was about to launch our computer due to it refusing to print, you sat down did your bit and had it working in minutes.... Top man

No problem Mark. Glad to be able to help you out. Odd that adobe reader tried to print that particular pdf file and it screwed it up to such an extent that it consistently crashed the windows print spooler ! :crazy: :)

Simon.

Guest zerorace

just a thought and a silly one but what is the same between the two installs if nothing then it must be a common operator error in the installation sorry to point the obvious but easy when looking in from the outside.

zerorace

don't mean to be pedantic or derogatory

As it was a quick thing to do, DanE and I have done the strobe light test tonight and the strobe dies at the same time the engine so that just points towards electrics.

We did wonder about the ignition key being faulty but none of the other electrics(head lights etc..) appears to die when the engine dies.....so that rules that out.

Your not being pedantic at all, and I think it is probably some I've f*€key up while doing the wiring as it's about the only thing left between the 2 different engine!!...but just not found what it is yet!!

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add this to the post;

I decided today to start the car as it's been sat for a few weeks. It cranked over fine and after about 15 seconds it fired into life.

Every time I touched the throttle it revved instantly like a motorbike. I know it's got a lighten flywheel but I never remembered it revving up so quickly?! The engine even rocked about 1/4" at the air filter when it revved which I've never seen before (normally there is hardly any engine movement).

The ignition problem was still present :(

So I run the engine up to temp, let the fan kick in a couple of times....all is fine.

I then put it in gear to make sure the clutch and brakes are ok....all is fine.

Handbrake on, in gear, I forget myself and take my foot off the clutch. The car lurches forwards about 6" and the engine stalls. Doh!!

No harm done....go to restart the engine.....no joy. It cranks over and over and over but still no joy.

I hear the battery going flat as the starter motor is getting slower so I put the battery on charge.

1 hour later, engine still won't start and I crank it over until there is no juice left in the battery. Back on fast charge for a couple of hours, and try again....still no joy....no spark at the plugs.

It now seems whatever the problem is has now been made worse when I stalled the engine :(

That crossed my mind as well. At least we're now looking for a constant fault instead of an intermittent fault!

I've not looked at it properly. I'm going to leave it to those who know what they're looking at ;)

i was gonna say leave it till me and mark can get our hands on it