Fuel Pump

Guest danny88

Guest danny88

Hey guys. Just wandering what sort of fuel pump people recommended for a 2.0 rs2000 pinto engine with twin 40's? I currently have a pump fitted (not sure of make or model) but have started to think it may not be man enough at high revs.

Cheers

you say that you're not sure of the make or model of the pump from your first post so the best bet would be to add a photo so that the guru's on here can offer some help otherwise we're working blind :)

generally speaking facet pumps are used by many....but don't use the filter that comes with them or you'll have problems and not to mention starting Nigel aka Longboarder on one of his rant ;)

Facet fast road pump http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1697

(or look alike) http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=13662

will fit the bill.....no need for anything fancier.

I have been using the cheapy one on a Redtop + twin 45s for 5 years including

quite a few trackdays, with no issues

Bob

Guest danny88

I just got a cylindrical red top facet fuel pump in the end, don't want the engine starving of fuel after all. To be honest I was quite shocked at how quiet it was to be honest although did use the fitting kit bushes too as apparently they make quite a difference. I was using an old su pump before to just see through first start ups, idle etc and that was very noisey. This is much quieter. Not silent by any means but I would reccomend one!

Guest danny88

I just got a cylindrical red top facet fuel pump in the end, don't want the engine starving of fuel after all. To be honest I was quite shocked at how quiet it was to be honest although did use the fitting kit bushes too as apparently they make quite a difference. I was using an old su pump before to just see through first start ups, idle etc and that was very noisey. This is much quieter. Not silent by any means but I would reccomend one!