Prescott?

fry61

Got to get on Dan, don't wish to jump into bed with you but as we are in the same club come down ; just say " Hello" & have a right good day out.

If coming you will need to contact Mags ( show organiser ) direct for tickets & a pass to the display area --- other-wise you will be in the Joe Public Park.

Forgot to say; above detail is because tickets have been purchased & sent out.

Edited by florin metal works

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any-one booked tickets & exhibitor passes direct with Mags? Would be useful to know for the arrangement of space on the RHOCaR stand.

We can camp for an extra night ( Sunday/Monday) if required-- all camping is paid for on site.

4 of our group are going to the Cotswolds Steam Railway on the Monday, welcome to join us for the 24 miles of soot, smoke & steam.

I'm waiting for Mags to be back in office on 20th May regarding exhibitors pass. I got my dates mixed up I'm at Loton Park this weekend and Gurston Down next weekend followed by Shelsley Walsh. I will be at Prescott Sunday as I'm not needed at Gurston so if you have a space and if Mags let's me in I would be greatful. Ade

Just got email from Mags display pass on the way for Sunday. However snapped the manifold at Loton today, 2 years old and 1700 miles split all round the weld GBS quality??? I wonder if anyone else has had same issue, checking engin mounts etc when car cooled down and I will attempt to re-weld it back up tomorrow.

Bob, it is 1.05pm here in Cheltenham and it is still raining hard and coming down at a 45 degree angle due to the wind. It is not pleasant and the forcast for tomorrow doesn't look a lot better with rain for most of the day. Sunday looks better as does Monday. Glad I have booked a ticket for Sunday!!

Tom and I had a great time nice to see the Veyrons and some of the very old vintage Bugatti's head up the hill rarther than the stream of single seaters we're used to. We never won the raffle so Tom will have to wait for another day to ride in a Veyron. Thanks Bob for organising things and I hope your trip to the Alps goes well.

Thanks to those that made it a sometime over the week-end; sorry your wiper woes prevented your appearance Chris; you would certainly have needed them on Saturday.

As Posted above we left for Prescott Friday afternoon with the rain still cascading down to greet the deep puddles; some deep enough to engulf Florin & kill her spark.

Several times progress was slowed by very poor power as Florin tried to dry her engine, but once over Salisbury Plain normal service resumed ; although still very wet

Prescott was reached via a shed load of mud at Gotherington.& erection of our mobile hotel was made in a brief dry interlude with the help of Stephen & Leslie.

The rain continued-- we hid indoors -- spag/bol & lemon cake with custard for dinner -- plus lots of liquid spirits -- Leslie found the pudding made her quite wobbly.

Saturday continued wet most hours, we walked & watched the track action when-ever it eased -- can-can girls worth the soaking.

The evening meal by Steve & Leslie was a French Hot-pot brought back from their recent travels -- not reading French the ingredients were guessed; liquor bottles were emptied

Sunday morning -- early-- very early -- woken by more rain -- this gave way to sun-shine by 9.

Our stand filled a little more with the arrival of David plus Aiden & son-- loads of natter in the warming weather --even the mud felt a little more pleasant.

More track action, paddock wanderings & ice-cream as it was hot ( hotter than yesterday any-ways)

Packed up mid-day whilst still dry ( rain forecast later) & returned to the action on track.

Besides using my complete sock drawer to ensure feet some times dry, the other woes of the week-end:-

Heavy rain killed Florin's spark for several miles.

Stephen lost his hand-brake on a gate ground spike.

Florin cracked her exhaust around the front pipe/silencer joint.

Chris didn't make it --wipers broke

And finally --- our clutch cable broke with several miles to run -- so drove home without in 2nd/3rd gear.

Interesting trip!!!