Top Speed Research

WallerZ

Hi all,

Just doing a bit of research for a university project, I was wondering if anyone had an estimate (or knowledge) of the top speed of a 2B with a standard 2L pinto engine and MT75 gearbox? Doesn't need to be precise but rounded to the nearest 10mph will be fine.

Also, in case anyone knows the vehicle, its an Reg 2B, BMW blue with a white stripe. It also had standard sierra seats. Maybe the builder is on here....

Cheers,

Zach

Can someone please explain to me how a 2B with a standard Pinto and an MT75 (which I'm not sure was ever fitted to the Pinto but that's no matter), would be as fast or even faster than a Sierra given the shocking aerodynamics of a 2B compared to very (in it's day) slippery Sierra.

Cool, cheers guys. I was expecting just over 100mph so glad it's been confirmed.

Can someone please explain to me how a 2B with a standard Pinto and an MT75 (which I'm not sure was ever fitted to the Pinto but that's no matter),

That's the info I was given from our uni workshop team, so I wouldn't take it as gospel due to them not knowing how to release the bonnet initially....I don't have a 2B so wouldn't know entirely what is feasible or common with them.

Mine managed between 110 and 115 flat out down the mulsane straight at Le Mans with a 2.0 efi pinto and type 9 box.

Me and the youngest lad thought we were flying until some properly fast cars came past us like we were out for a sunday drive

110 in an S7 with screen and 3.9 diff

I could get more with the 130bhp 2.1 engine

How much I will get with the 170bhp engine I have been building will be interesting as the (non) aerodynamics and laws of physics mean exponential power increases to gain fewer top speed gain

However the lower speeds in lower gears are reached quicker with more bhp

just to throw it into the mix my v8westy with 240bhp and *bleep* loads of torque Did 130mph (redline) with a screen. the atomic with an r1 bike engine approx 160bhp and no torque (no screen) also did 130 the westy weighed in at 620kgish the atomic at 340kg ish

7 type cars need silly amounts of power/torque to do serious speed i.e the caterham r500 or the v8 avante special. its all in the aero dynamics