Coventry Motofest 2014

Jez Morton

Jez just found the program here http://coventrymotofest.com/when/sunday/ we have 2 choices for sunday. 1 be at the ringroad marshal post by 10am or 2 shoot down to watford gap services for about 9.30 and join in the run from the ace cafe

I'm meeting my Dad at the Harvester off the A5/M69 junction for 09:00 am & then we'll head to J3 of the Ring Road ready for the 10:00 am circuit round the Ring Road.

• Like 1

Just seen this update.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! If you were hoping to 'tag along' in your car with the Ring Road Classic Car parade on Sunday 1st June we're sorry but for legal reasons that will not be possible. Only vehicles which have been registered via the online form prior to MotoFest and who have received an email with the joining instructions will be eligible to be a part of this event.

If you are registered the plan is still to meet at 9:30 at Alvis retail park and had over to the start in convoy. I'm not sure what the deal is with marshalling but I don't see much of an area to form up at junction three so we may be ushered straight onto the ring road. If your not registered then head to the bond street display area and we could all meet up there.

Jez

Great day at CovMotoFest! Especially enjoyed having the chance to go round the closed off Ring Road as part of the classic car display. They said follow the pace car, so we did... What was the speed limit again :)

Lets hope the event grows & builds on this year!

Great day at CovMotoFest! Especially enjoyed having the chance to go round the closed off Ring Road as part of the classic car display. They said follow the pace car, so we did... What was the speed limit again :)

Lets hope the event grows & builds on this year!

think they said 40mph at the drivers meeting and it was the pace car driver that said it.

Video to follow when get it downloaded from camera

• Like 1

WTF they told me there's no cavalcade when I got to Broadgate, no one at junction three and no body knew what was going on?

At least the Leicester boys got a run round, even though they went on their own.

I tried to get everyone together for what should of been a great event, what a waste of my time I won't be trying to organise anything again were supposed to be a club.

Jez, I planned to meet my Dad en-route to the event today, as evidenced in the thread. The other Leicester guys joined me, the first I knew about this was first thing this morning. Whilst I appreciate it is frustrating when you're trying to organise something but today just happened holistically.

We headed to J3, spoke to a Marshall who let us onto the closed off Ring Road. It was at this point we realised we were not officially registered for the Ring Road event. I spoke to the organiser & he agreed to let us take part as a few cars had dropped out at the last minute.

I'm sorry that you missed out, we were just really lucky, right place, right time.

This club is fantastic & something I value greatly. Nothing was done today intentionally.