Went To View An S7 Today. I Have A Few Questions

Guest A.B

also have a good look around the engine bay, especially in the corners near the bulkhead for signs of cracking or tearing.

If it's had a hard life on track it may well be starting to crack , again another well known problem and easily mendable with a bit of welding and reinforcing

Guest Ian & Carole

it's showing up on an RAC vehicle check as Robin Hood 57,

Never used that must give it a go.

DVLA just gave "no vehicle"

Also it looks a though at some point it's had some carbon fibre sheeting screwed down to the frame which is well weathered to say the least! Think it will be easy enough to replace?

http://tinypic.com/r/sdz9es/8

It's just got posi screws in it and they are rusted and look terrible.

The cone also needs a respray & new seats

Guest mower man

Re shock bushes only tools are jack ,spanners /sockets to suit and a vise to press old out and new in,I would advise you to change the front springs if its to be used on the road or you will spend a fortune at the dentists s7 's are /were notoriously stiff at the front with 180lb springs and the std sierra roll bar I have details of a tie bar conversion which improves handling and comfort and reduces the risk of tub cracks, pm address[ postal not email] andI'll send you the details mower man :crazy:

I checked the v5 yesterday it states Robin Hood... I'm not sure it says s7 though. Within the old documents the lap timer was fitted in 09 and then sold with a broken head a few months later ( possibly linking track use ) The next owner then fitted another c20xe from a Tarmac b corsa racing car which was rebuilt before it was sold. The eBay listing was there to back all this up along with a sales receipt. The brakes have been on the car since 09 and I can't see any terrible signs of usage. The car has covered 10k on the new engine & clutch. On start up there was no white smoke although it only ran for a min.

I just want to be able to take it out.. To check the running gear sadly the fuel pump won't allow this... Surely a type 9 can't cost too much if it's a dud?

What do you guys use security wise as it really doesn't seem very safe it has a push in plastic cut off key which locks into place then a push button start. I'd just be worried about parking it in the street, someone pushing there finger into the cut off switch and starting the car or even letting the handbrake off and it rolling away?

What about going into town? I've seen a locking device that goes around the gearstick and the handbrake locking it in place. Has anyone ever fitted an alarm with a remote or keyless start before?

Guest Ian & Carole

A hidden immobilizer switch will take some beating, removable steering wheel will help, however, we have left our car in hotel car parks all over the UK without issue.

France, Germany with out it being a problem, left in car parks in Europe whilst sight seeing/ shopping and you come back to a shoal of folk taking pictures, nice thing has always been that they never touch, just admire.

Buy it, drive it, and enjoy it !!!