Went To View An S7 Today. I Have A Few Questions

Guest A.B

Is it just a straight through pump or is there an inbuilt filter? It looks as though you can twist the left side. As for the pick up itself do I just unscrew the circular mount and slide the pick up out?

Jack under diff stands under where the A arm meets body tub

Front I jack under tub inline with track control arms spreading load with a long block or plank of wood axle stands under the point where track rod bolts to tub

To be honest with you I don't think it's a great set up... There is an overflow pipe slapped right at the top of the petrol cap so if you're filling the car up with just a jerry can you can overfill it to the point it runs back through the bottom pipe and out into the engine bay.

Thanks bob you always seem to be on point! It's really appreciated! You other lot too!! I gather that oil filter will fit my oil cooler as it's the same size as the VFL 101?

Looking at braided fuel line considering the car is stripped might as well do it now! Never done it before but I imagine it's a lot like SWA electrical cable with a pipe inside rather than cables which I've done millions of?

Current pipe says 10 to the power of 6 (10 with a little six above) does that relate to the pressure or is it 6mm so AN -6 braid I'd need?

Edited by A.B

To be honest I don't know if it does hiss. I think the breather is the bottom pipe, I don't understand why it runs back through the car to the engine bay... Surely that very restrictive?

Sorry for me going on but on another not I pulled out BCP6ES plugs today with quite a lot of carbon build up yet bob runs the 7's a colder plug... So either someone's been driving slowly through town on those plugs or the oil cooler & permanent twin electric fans aren't allowing the engine to heat up?

If I change to 7's or iridium plugs won't I just make the problem worse?

I use 7s because my engine is heavily modded. Standard plugs are 6s & I used them for a while, then changed to 7s on advice from my engine builder.

I never noticed any difference either way.

I used 4722s both with & without the oil cooler adaptor plate. I removed the oil cooler because the oil never got properly hot.

I dont recognise the VFL101 filter?

The carbon build up is most likely due to carbs being off tune. Well worth a rolling road tune up

Edited by Bob Tucker

two points:

VFL101 is possibly a genuine Vauxhall filter and the bottom hose that you say is a breather and runs all the way through to the engine bay was probably a fuel return from way back when your car had a different engine in, as I'd bet it wasn't originally built with the red top. Put a bolt in it and fit a jubilee clip and problem solved.