Engine Mount

Guest mark little

Guest mark little

I know this is probably a long shot but does anyone have a pinto engine mount lying around, it's the hydraulic type that the alloy bracket from the engine bolts to. There were never any after market ones made and even Ford are struggling to supply one. I've managed to source one in Ireland, but like it says there is only one, so if anyone has one lying around or knows of one it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Mark

Guest mark little

Cheers Dave, is it the discovery 2 engine mount? Do you know if it raises the engine much, they look deeper than the Ford mounts.

If you already have a Ford mount and you want to sell it just let me know how much plus postage.

Cheers Mark

Guest mark little

No good for mine I'm afraid, on the s7 I've got circular cut outs that the steel plate of the mounting fits through with the extended sides of the mounting bolting through holes on either side, the rubber hydraulic part is moulded into the steel plate with a bolt protruding from the top which the alloy mounting arm that is bolted to the engine fits over, nothing's ever straight forward is it!

Cheers Mark

• 3 weeks later...

just been looking at ebay and came across these which look pretty similar to cosworth engine mounts

Looks to me like you could make these work by dropping a bolt through the arm into the mount and drilling two new holes to mount it