Sebring Project

femster87

• 4 weeks later...

Called in at then painters today. They are making steady progress. The doors look great. Now that the filler has been applied to smooth it out. The weight and closing action is great. Who would have thought a lot of filler has its use?

V__8A33_zpsahro6z77.jpg

WP_20160109_09_42_09_Pro_zpstfk0wufu.jpg

Another set back. I have had a discussion with the body shop. The bonnet fit was not great and I have been informed they have gone over the quoted cost. I asked them to stop and return the car. I really feel like I have been fleeced, they might have actually spent the time. Which means they intentionally quoted lower before to get the job and bump it up. Problem is the car's value is more than the work cost and I do not have the time to waste as I plan an hillclimb in April. Car is back home now all ready for paint and I will be painting it myself soon.

The unfortunate thing is that, their work is very good. I don't think I will have a garage work on my car again. They all seem to be the same. Last one filled holes with silicon. Everyone just seems to be out for themselves at the detriment of others.

Anyways, picture of where things are as dropped off on Saturday.

WP_20160114_15_46_53_Pro_zps1eximk88.jpg

Anyways, I need some help to get her wired and running. Anyone fancy giving us a hand wiring?

Edited by femster

Guest 2b cruising

Life is like that some times for me Bob.

No sleep one night, couple of hours the next.

Last Wednesday went to bed at 9 not feeling to good. Woke up 6:30 Jo went to work, read a little bit and woke up again when she got home at 5:30 pm. Stayed in bed and slept through till 6. Stayed in bed, bit of a read and woke again at 3:15 pm.

Some times can't sleep at all, others can't stay awake.

To many nasty pills to take.

Wish I was young and fit again.

Lots of shouldn't, lots of should've and lots of wish I did's.