Rolling Road Session Booked

Al Milton

I've booked a session with BD Engineering at Newington (near Sittingbourne, Kent), next Friday afternoon.

I'm not interested in tuning for out and out power, (my car is plenty quick enough for me as it is), but want to ensure the emissions etc are good prior to MOT. Plus it's been a while since the car had a good look over.

Have never done a RR session before, so am looking forward to it.

Guest 2b cruising

Hi Al. I have used BD myself. i had a rr session last October and found them very good. He found my fault on the fuel feed system, repaired it and then ran it up. I was surprised to find I had 140 bhp on my standard 2 ltr dohc ford. None of them had escaped from my engine since it left the factory.

I did leave there with a big grin and had a rather excited and somewhat heavier than usual right boot. Thankfully I knew where the speed traps were as I once worked in Newington.

Have an enjoyable day and weather permitting take the back roads home. Even if it means going through Canterbury.

Ken

Try and present the car fault free unless chasing an elusive fault. Check all fluids before you go. Make sure the car is leak free. Full tank of gas. Good sensible tyres on the back that can stand the heat. (I once had to break off a session because the 888s on the back were melting.)

Nigel

It's your session Al, so tell the guys what they can & more importantly what they can't do with your creation. Tell them the rev limit you're happy to see a "stranger" take your pride & joy to ; will save twisted knickers on you standing outside with no control over the throttle.

Florin went on the rollers down in Devon, only car they had done with a picnic basket on the back.

Thanks for the positive comments and advice everyone, much appreciated. :good:

Have renewed all the flexible fuel hose (think the original stuff was getting slightly porous - the garage smelt of petrol fumes - but doesn't now) and fitted new filters, fluid levels are good. No obvious faults with the car at present!

Have also been replacing the windscreen with a taller screen, just waiting for the sealant (exterior black silicon) to cure then will fit screen Tues or Weds eve, fill up with petrol then she's ready to go.

Will post results when finished.

Quick update.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have had to re-schedule.

Will still post results though.

On the up side, the new windscreen is on (finally), and I am happier with the finish around the scuttle now. Must admit to taking some pointers from RichardL's blog, so thanks Richard :good:

Have also fitted new wiper blades & arms, these had to be longer (obviously). These were sorted after a quick chat with CBS.

Edited by Al Milton